Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2010, 08:43 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,731,784 times

Advertisements

There is no great efort to sort this one by prayer, mainly because it doesn't look like clearing up any time soon. The Theists are smart enough in their own way. They know that the best way to get the credit for God is to keep mum until it just runs out of oil and stops or they finally work out a way of tuning it off.

THEN you thank God for it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2010, 08:51 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,724,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
I'd be careful....This thing could bankrupt them if it goes on much longer...

BP faces a staggering liability from the Gulf of Mexico blowout as the prospect of a summer of blackening seas strengthens the U.S. Congress’s determination to make the oil giant pay for every dime of damage. BP faces daunting Gulf liability costs - The Globe and Mail (http://www.theglobeandmail.com/report-on-business/bp-faces-daunting-liability-costs-from-gulf-oil-spill/article1587306/ - broken link)
Yes, sans, investors evolve on a 24 hour basis.

I predict BP going worse than Citi and someone like Exxon's gonna buy them out. Bad!

Spoken like a true Christer now: Guess God's saving me from a heavy loss of money.

LMAO

Old 06-02-2010, 02:21 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,189,686 times
I have a suspicion that by the time the USA tries to make BP pay up for all the damage the oil has caused, BP's stock will be worth nothing and they won't be able to, leaving us stuck with the bill (as per usual).

Old 06-02-2010, 04:50 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,724,589 times
The Antlered Chamataka prayer to God, as of June 2, 2010:

Lord God, our Father in heaven, hallowed be thy name, your kingdom come, thy will be done on earth as it in heaven, on the side, my will be done too. Hopefully, BP fails in 3 or 4 more attempts to fix the mess. Stocks have crashed down to 37$. Lord, God, 20ish dollars is all I ask for.

Also, convince Exxon and Shell to steer clear of trying to buy BP. Work magic on Obama to tone down his rhetoric and not discontinue tax breaks on big oil. Also, I pray BP helps him fund his re-election, and that he realizes that. I am truly sorry for the crabs and jellyfish that died. I pray they swim in heaven right now, among the angels and saints. This I ask in the name of your Son, Jesus Christ, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit. One God, forever and ever. Amen.

Now I need to find a Vinayaka temple and promise to break 1000 coconuts open. There's one in Denver, I think.

Hey, the OP asked for a prayer, and there it is

Old 06-02-2010, 08:50 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,534,911 times
Here is another, not mine, but I know the words.

YouTube - Janis Joplin - Mercedes Benz

Old 06-02-2010, 11:20 PM

1,168 posts, read 1,236,103 times
After listening to Janis J.

I think all those who drive a automobile that burn Fossil fuels...well aren't they spewing the same toxins into the Air, waters, and soils...?
It might be difused, or should I say diluted...but it is the same thing over time...spewed out over vast areas...and at what price?....sickness and suffering all life eh...

So You can say, blame for this is not solely on BP...it is on the consumer who demands the product in the first place!
And the mindlessness of its toxic and detramental effects are now noted in the world...so they build more hospitals, and pharmacutals to profit off that...more pills, more research into the cancers, and brain deseases..while the human condition mutates and contorts under the idol, and the toxins that the industrial madness is blatantly producing and dumping into the enviroments!!!!!
...they ask for more money to do so....never pointing the finger at the real cause of the problems they create...By not listening to GOD!...and buying the detrament direction to ruin the eco systems of the world, for profits and gains in death!

So the problems of this nature will only continue...after they cap the broken pipe...because Humans are addicted to burning dead blood!

I do not know why, when the alternatives are way more eco friendly and sustainable...and safe!
But they don;t want eco friendly healthy and natural solutions...it would ruin the economy they got everyone bought into that is of their own demise!

Thanks Janis...for those eye opening words of wisdom from not so long ago.

Old 06-03-2010, 05:27 AM

494 posts, read 890,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Les View Post
So the problems of this nature will only continue...after they cap the broken pipe...because Humans are addicted to burning dead blood!

I do not know why, when the alternatives are way more eco friendly and sustainable...and safe!
But they don;t want eco friendly healthy and natural solutions...it would ruin the economy they got everyone bought into that is of their own demise!

Thanks Janis...for those eye opening words of wisdom from not so long ago.
How do you think your electricity is generated? ThAt computer you are using to post your rants against the military and anyone that doesn't swallow your koolaid religion wasn't manufactured in an environmentally friendly way either. Do you walk or ride a bike or a horse everywhere you go? Electric cars are quite bad for the environment contrary to sheepular belief. There may be a demand for BPs product, but the safety failures are completely on their shoulders, not mine.

Old 06-03-2010, 05:41 AM

2,332 posts, read 2,840,083 times
It's the inner freedom of using exhaustible property in the man of the house separately of the woman, and the woman of the house separately of the man. Of course, in crossed facts of needs in space and time we go out and drive our car independently of each other. The will to car pool may lead to the accidents to keep us both off the road.

Old 06-03-2010, 09:49 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,607,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgnostic View Post
The will to car pool may lead to the accidents to keep us both off the road.
For which (and believe me, I hesitate to type these words) we can only pray.

Old 06-03-2010, 10:06 AM

2,332 posts, read 2,840,083 times
Political affiliation to be prayed for for Trust in the beginning we forgot about.

Remember E.T.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality