Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2010, 06:18 AM

117 posts, read 144,586 times

Advertisements

i googled dino fossil xray coz i want to know if these fossils are really the real thing. xray ,might prove they are just cardboards. i saw this:

X-rays Used To Reveal Secrets Of Famous 'Dinobird' Fossil

ok who here don't agree that the tentacle part was so poorly faked, they should fire their IT guy. honestly? the difference is amazingly obvious. the tentacle part was like a ghostly transparent part while the other was solid and whoever's bones that was, i feel sorry for it for being manipulated.

i also see this:

Top Ten Dinosaur and Fossil Finds: Most Viewed of 2009

there is an obvious white thingy in the joints. i think they were the glues that hold these fake fossils together but of course science has an excuse in that these thingy supposedly broke its wrists and healed in time thus the obvious white thingy in the x-ray. i shld ask bones if she concurs.

and in here :

NGM Blog Central - Darwinius and the Real Missing Link - National Geographic Magazine - NGM.com

if you scroll down there is the fake reconstruction to an already fake fossil. science never cease to amaze me especially in their epic fails to create fake fossils. the fossil on the left the supposed fossil from 47 million yrs ago was said to be fake coz the soil is not in sync with the age of the fossil. so once again, science's own proof or methods of proving their theory bit them in the arse just like the infamous ape to man illustration.

oh bloody well.

Old 06-03-2010, 07:00 AM

5,458 posts, read 6,716,826 times
Any evidence that any of these are fake aside from your "professional" opinion? Looks like you're out to defame the work of trained professionals just to make you feel better about your religious beliefs.

Old 06-03-2010, 09:03 AM

12,595 posts, read 6,653,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evofreaks View Post
i googled dino fossil xray coz i want to know if these fossils are really the real thing. xray ,might prove they are just cardboards. i saw this:

ok who here don't agree that the tentacle part was so poorly faked, they should fire their IT guy. honestly? the difference is amazingly obvious. the tentacle part was like a ghostly transparent part while the other was solid and whoever's bones that was, i feel sorry for it for being manipulated.

i also see this:

there is an obvious white thingy in the joints. i think they were the glues that hold these fake fossils together but of course science has an excuse in that these thingy supposedly broke its wrists and healed in time thus the obvious white thingy in the x-ray. i shld ask bones if she concurs.

and in here :

NGM Blog Central - Darwinius and the Real Missing Link - National Geographic Magazine - NGM.com

if you scroll down there is the fake reconstruction to an already fake fossil. science never cease to amaze me especially in their epic fails to create fake fossils. the fossil on the left the supposed fossil from 47 million yrs ago was said to be fake coz the soil is not in sync with the age of the fossil. so once again, science's own proof or methods of proving their theory bit them in the arse just like the infamous ape to man illustration.

oh bloody well.
No different then the "global warming" data they "adjusted" to say what they wanted it to say. Gotta keep the money flowing in.

You are a sharp guy evo...I'm glad you are on this forum. I really like reading your posts.

In every group you are gonna get shady scamers...that doesn't mean you dismiss all the people, or all the work. There's some messed up people posing as people testifying for God too...but that doesn't make me lose any faith in God what-so-ever.

I believe evolution is true...I know you don't. No matter...either way, God is the source of EVERYTHING. So if evolution, in fact, turns out to be the real deal...I don't wonder for a second who put it together and set it into motion. God is the source and essence of EVERYTHING in the whole universe...right down to the smallest particle and minute bit of energy. Putting the evolutionary process together and kicking it off would have been no-big-deal for God...and I believe that's exactly what He did. All the scientists are studying is Gods creation. So, no-matter-what...it all comes down to **GOD**!!!

Old 06-03-2010, 09:45 AM

3,040 posts, read 5,002,363 times
There are people faking fossils all the time, that doesn't mean that all fossils are fake. That is why they study the fossils and the ground they were removed from, this helps to date the fossils. I hope you understand that in looking at a fossil your not looking at bones, your looking at minerals that have replaced the bones.

Old 06-03-2010, 09:46 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,607,468 times
Quote:
i googled dino fossil xray coz i want to know if these fossils are really the real thing.
Which really only proves that you know how to log on to Google. (Hint: just because someone posts pictures on the internet doesn't mean they're accurate. It's the "As Seen on TV" phenomenon, updated for the Internet Generation).

Old 06-03-2010, 10:34 AM

1,783 posts, read 3,888,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCfromNC View Post
Any evidence that any of these are fake aside from your "professional" opinion? Looks like you're out to defame the work of trained professionals just to make you feel better about your religious beliefs.

DING DING DING! Thread resolved in first reply, that's gotta be a new record

Old 06-03-2010, 12:42 PM

9,616 posts, read 12,919,537 times
Cool Bias on parade.

Dear evofreak; my friend:

1. It's always self-reviewing scientists who uncover hoaxes. By that means, the real honest research results are kept that way. Peer-review, it's called. Look it up and study it.

2. By comparison, whenever a money-grubbing dishonest prankster who is selling some faked religious artifact (those ICA stones come to mind...) shows up, all the Christians circle him when the inevitable attacks come, like a Musk-Ox herd protecting it's young. Fellow Christians, even the bad ones (OMG!) must be protected at all costs.

And there goes your credibility, BTW.

3. You didn't look up all the established and highly credible scientific investigations. (Of course, that would take you years..) To be fair (OMG!) you'd have to show us an equal sampling of credible cases, as well as a fair and total count of all the proven, credible and well-documented fossil studies, as well as the number of proven hoaxes.

Better get busy, but frankly, I can save you the time if you trust me.

We win, hands down. By a massive margin.

If you don't trust me, then here's some starters for you, the first two from honest Christians. This was easy, on the net. Took me all of 1 minute, and I didn't even selectively sort.

http://www.religioustolerance.org/chr_cul.htm

http://www.epassoc.org/index.php/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=81:ho ax&catid=108ublic&Itemid=164 (broken link) (scroll down a bit...)

http://users.tpg.com.au/mlsheen/hoaxes.html (broken link)

Well, the rest is up to you. You can lead a horse to water, etc. To read, learn, recant and accept that most all of science's human beings are not evil and diabolical, but are, in fact honest, self-regulating, well-read and educated, and the sole reason for our vast accumulation of credible knowledge.

But Christianity? Historically? And as you demo in your troll-post here? Not so much.

Last edited by rifleman; 06-03-2010 at 12:54 PM..

Old 06-03-2010, 03:34 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,392,645 times
Quote:

i also see this:

and in here :

oh bloody well.

Are you a college trained paleontologist? Where did you go to school? Who did you study under?

I bet your fossil opinion is about as good as mine, well, lets be fair, You've probably never seen a fossil in person.

Old 06-03-2010, 11:01 PM

117 posts, read 144,586 times
actually i want those dino fossils in the museums be scanned to reveal if they really are bones and not a movie magic props. we all know how movie magic can be so realistic like the moon landing. how weird is it that after that infamous man in the moon landing in the 60s - no one not even russians tried to land in the moon. all they have are land rovers. how so? i mean we evidently are more advanced now more than ever.

Old 06-03-2010, 11:50 PM

33,544 posts, read 37,145,710 times
Quote:
actually i want those dino fossils in the museums be scanned to reveal if they really are bones and not a movie magic props. we all know how movie magic can be so realistic like the moon landing. how weird is it that after that infamous man in the moon landing in the 60s - no one not even russians tried to land in the moon. all they have are land rovers. how so? i mean we evidently are more advanced now more than ever.
You believe that dino fossils are fake, you dismiss evolution as being a fraud.......And yet you believe there is some magic guy in the sky keeping track of everything you do. , so you don't believe that Apollo 11 landed men on the moon? ......Oh the irony!

How do you explain this?
The Laser Ranging Retroreflector experiment was deployed on Apollo 11, 14, and 15. The Laser Ranging Retroreflector experiment has produced many important measurements. These include an improved knowledge of the Moon's orbit and the rate at which the Moon is receding from Earth (currently 3.8 centimeters per year) and of variations in the rotation of the Moon. These variations in rotation are related to the distribution of mass inside the Moon and imply the existence of a small core, with a radius of less than 350 kilometers.

These measurements have also improved our knowledge of changes of the Earth's rotation rate and the precession of its spin axis and have been used to test Einstein's theory of relativity. The reflector is still in use today..

Apollo 11 Laser Ranging Retroreflector Experiment
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality