Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2010, 09:06 AM

2,339 posts, read 4,402,426 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LookinForMayberry View Post
1. God loved the WORLD.
2. I don't recall reading anything about sex or alcohol in the Ten Commandments.
3. Even if other's are sinning, it isn't YOUR business. YOUR life is your business.

Ever read the one about: "Judge NOT"?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvin.George View Post
You can't prove it by reading the bible.

You are right Melvin! For god so loved the world that he drowned everyone including little babies, kids, animals, and the elderly in a horrible flood....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2010, 09:09 AM

2,339 posts, read 4,402,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Why does God bless sinners... Hmm.... well, I guess that depends on what you think of as a sinner. You would probably think of me as a sinner and I have a pretty happy life. I don't have millions (yet!) but I have a wonderful husband, the best dog in the world, a great family, amazing friends, and a beautiful home. And these sinners that you speak of, I love their movies and their music! Then again, I don't think that sex is dirty or that cussing makes you a bad person... So, I guess I'll be partying up with them in the afterlife -then again, I don't really believe in an afterlife.
Shouldn't everyone just be worrying about themselves as opposed to what other people have that they don't? And who decides who a sinner is according to Christianity? Isn't that supposed to be God's job?
Just live your own life and be happy!

I think that you summed it up quite nicely Dewdrop! I get tired of being told I need to repent and all that other b.s. Like Dew says, live your own life and be happy. Leave us be and quit telling us we are dirty rotten sinners just because we think differently that you do!

Old 06-15-2010, 09:15 AM

380 posts, read 691,903 times
First thing's first: Success is relative...Having material things on earth doesn't equate to "blessings" in a spiritual sense. There are various scriptures in the Bible that speak to this issue: What does it gain a man to profit the world and lose his soul?...the wealth of the wicked is laid up for the just...the prince of this world is reigning on this earth, hence, his people APPEAR to be prevailing, but it's a delusion...build your hopes on things eternal, etc.

The reality is all of the excess is only impressive to those who share those same worldly values, however, from a Christian perspective, for instance, we understand our bounty and treasure are not wrapped up in material things. For we understand if we don't have a true relationship with God, regardless of what material possessions we have, we actually have nothing.

The true lesson is understanding prosperity: For Christians, propsperity is spiritual first: "Seek ye FIRST the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto you". Hence, everything else is secondary.

Old 06-15-2010, 02:13 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,189,686 times
So you are saying that if one seeks "the kingdom of God and righteousness", one will be rewarded with earthly prosprity? That will be surprising to many poverty-stricken believers. Or have they simply not gotten their checks yet?

Old 03-27-2012, 04:26 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,369,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamerschris View Post
I see Music artist and the material they release and it sells and makes them very rich. why does God aloow this? music and movies about sex, alcohol, or anything sinful. why does he allow them to become succesful?
Because He's working on them to make them perfect, just like you and I!

Blessings,
brian
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality