Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Reno-Sparks area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many of you actually use city-Data to compare cities?
Would you like updates? 1 16.67%
Would you like a viable person to answer your questions? 0 0%
Did you find city-data relevant? 5 83.33%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2015, 09:30 AM

1 posts, read 1,139 times

Advertisements

I am confused on City-data...these articles or Threads are so OUT OF DATE!!! 2009 is no way near the difference in 2015...And the rebute comments about Reno are based on someone who was there in the 80"s? Are you kidding..our Country ,much less the cities in it ,are completely UN RECOGNIZABLE from the 80's.
UP date and delete old useless info its a waste of time..Why doesn't the founders of city vibe keep the site fresh and updated?
This site is a waste of time otherwise....Sperlings at least keeps more current. and data needs collected better.
I moved from Las Vegas NV to Reno in May 2015 and I can tell you this info is DEAD wrong about both places and about other towns I practically live in Henderson NV, and Carlsbad CA.
Get your head out of your asses and make it CURRENT RELEVANT AND UPDATED!!!!!
thanks

Last edited by NEVADAnorth; 06-05-2015 at 09:34 AM.. Reason: spelling check
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2015, 11:38 AM

3,433 posts, read 3,754,691 times
You can help us out by providing your viewpoint on what it's like to live in Reno right now...

Old 06-05-2015, 11:48 AM

5,314 posts, read 7,786,973 times
You DO know that all of the posts are just people's opinions, right?

Old 06-10-2015, 05:48 PM

265 posts, read 686,881 times
The whole site is like this. The mods are not able to do this. I think C-D needs separate people to categorize all of this old stuff or get rid of any post that have a newer fresher prospective instead of old obsolete things. Just sayin. Peace Jim

Old 06-11-2015, 12:01 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,285,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatehumidity View Post
The whole site is like this. The mods are not able to do this. I think C-D needs separate people to categorize all of this old stuff or get rid of any post that have a newer fresher prospective instead of old obsolete things. Just sayin. Peace Jim
why don't you post something then, or start a thread? I get nightly updates on a number of forums, and if someone posts something new, i.e they have a question about living in an area that I have lived in I read the post and try to offer an answer when I can. That's how it works...forums are a collective effort, I don't get paid a red cent for reading and responding and I'm certainly not going to start new threads to entertain people who won't take the initiative to ask questions or offer advice

Old 06-11-2015, 05:58 AM

646 posts, read 1,157,082 times
Agreed. Also, the threads and posts have dates on them, so it's not hard to tell what might be pertinent to your needs.

It would be difficult for mods to know everything so that they could go through such a huge website to determine what is and is not true (or a valid viewpoint) right now. And then what ... do they have to repeat that every year?

I do find value in older threads sometimes. Also nuggets of information.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Reno-Sparks area