Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2010, 05:16 PM

1,570 posts, read 4,620,600 times

Advertisements

I am a tenant in a condo, my lease is up at the end of next month but I found a new place and the management company agreed to list it and if it rented I would be able to get out a month early. It has been listed for about 3weeks now, with lots of foot traffic but only one application (that was denyed). I recieved an email from them stateing that I needed to send my Sept rent to them as usual and that it looked like it wasnt going to be rented. They also stated that I needed to leave the utilities on even after I move. Am I allowed to offer incentives to prospective tenants? I was thinking offering half of the first months rent at my expense?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2010, 10:18 PM

3,503 posts, read 19,894,397 times
It looks like the rental agent or company is not going to allow it to get rented. The incentives may be good, but the agent is the one in control, not you.
The issue I have a question with is why should you pay the utilities after you leave? Call the utility company and have the utilities taken out of your name the day you move. They cannot force you to pay for utilities when your lrase is over and you move. No matter what they say.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting