Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-25-2010, 03:42 AM

589 posts, read 1,347,437 times

Advertisements

I'm considering hiring a company to come clean our apartment once we move out. This would be done after the apartment is empty. For the central NJ area, any idea what kind of pricing would be reasonable? Is it worth it for me, as a tenant, to do this?

Our movers are planning to spend most of the day packing, and I know the place will need to be cleaned well after that is done. Problem is, I have to be out the door very shortly after the movers leave, so I won't be here to do it, which is part of why I'm considering hiring a cleaning crew (the other part is I don't want to do the work!). But I don't want to spend $200 on cleaning, if it won't save me anything off my anticipated security deposit refund.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2010, 10:42 AM

3,199 posts, read 13,394,522 times
Ask your property manager if they have a recommendation. Most of them have a variety of vendors that are used for cleaning, repairs etc. and using a company that they like is a good way to know you'll be complying with their standards. Be sure to tell the cleaner or give them a copy of any move out instructions that you were given. I think you will probably be looking at around $200 but it's hard to know that market where you live from where I live! But think, spotless apartment from top to bottom including windows, tracks, light fixtures, ceiling fans, every cabinet and drawer, etc.

Old 09-25-2010, 10:53 AM

542 posts, read 1,478,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KonaKat View Post
Ask your property manager if they have a recommendation. Most of them have a variety of vendors that are used for cleaning, repairs etc. and using a company that they like is a good way to know you'll be complying with their standards. Be sure to tell the cleaner or give them a copy of any move out instructions that you were given. I think you will probably be looking at around $200 but it's hard to know that market where you live from where I live! But think, spotless apartment from top to bottom including windows, tracks, light fixtures, ceiling fans, every cabinet and drawer, etc.
This is a good recommendation. We are moving out at the end of this month (I live in Seattle), and I informed my landlord (of the place that we have lived for 7 years, so you can imagine the cleaning that needs to be done) that we want to hire someone to clean the place. He then recommended the person/company that he uses when tenants haven't cleaned the place. It is costing us $175 for a 2 story, 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom unit. And we got permission to have them come in on the day after we leave, and because it is his recommendation, if anything is not done to his standards as he expects it, he will take it up with them.

It is so worth it to us, because this is such a big move (moving across the country to NYC) that is stressful enough without having to clean this place. It is a BIG deal to not have to worry about it and worth every penny IMO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting