Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2011, 04:02 AM

911 posts, read 2,600,252 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntieannie68 View Post
i think she bathes in it(or brews it in her side of the basement)
these walls are so thin that when she passes gas i can smell it(okay maybe that was a little exaggerated)

i usually smell a combination of weed and crap in the hallway from the other lady
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2011, 07:14 AM

1,456 posts, read 4,144,604 times
I agree 100% about the garbage outside the door. Rudest thing ever. I mean, they KNOW it's gross too -- that's why they don't leave it inside the door. Makes me very stabby.

Pet peeve? Wind chimes. I hate them. And I think they should be outlawed. Or at the very least make people tie them up when they aren't actually on their balcony. Why should I have to listen to that noise pollution every time I want to enjoy my balcony? It's not even music - it's just random notes, like a child banging away on a piano. Kinda makes me wanna rip my ears off. Or put a portable stereo on my balcony blasting sounds like a child bashing on a piano or nails on a chalkboard -- give 'em a taste of their own medicine.

*takes deep breath*

Old 03-11-2011, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timm View Post
I agree 100% about the garbage outside the door. Rudest thing ever. I mean, they KNOW it's gross too -- that's why they don't leave it inside the door. Makes me very stabby.

Pet peeve? Wind chimes. I hate them. And I think they should be outlawed. Or at the very least make people tie them up when they aren't actually on their balcony. Why should I have to listen to that noise pollution every time I want to enjoy my balcony? It's not even music - it's just random notes, like a child banging away on a piano. Kinda makes me wanna rip my ears off. Or put a portable stereo on my balcony blasting sounds like a child bashing on a piano or nails on a chalkboard -- give 'em a taste of their own medicine.

*takes deep breath*

im glad this place doesnt have balconies. BUT, they need thicker walls.

Old 03-11-2011, 06:15 PM

i got another one. people that live above you with recliners

Old 03-15-2011, 08:38 PM

378 posts, read 1,207,110 times
Good thread... suddenly my nosy 75 year old nosy neighbor seems kind of innocuous. I really am starting to hate her, every time I go outside she is there and wants to start a conversation. One time my bf and I were having an argument... just raised voices, nothing nasty, and I open the door to leave. There she is practically with her ear glued to my front door! I just started cursing her and slammed it back. Just had to vent!!! Yes, I am a mean person for hating on an old lady...

Old 03-16-2011, 04:59 AM

52 posts, read 127,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbean View Post
Good thread... suddenly my nosy 75 year old nosy neighbor seems kind of innocuous. I really am starting to hate her, every time I go outside she is there and wants to start a conversation. One time my bf and I were having an argument... just raised voices, nothing nasty, and I open the door to leave. There she is practically with her ear glued to my front door! I just started cursing her and slammed it back. Just had to vent!!! Yes, I am a mean person for hating on an old lady...

Oh my goodness, I think we have the same neighbor. Mine also likes to tell you who she is dating, bad mouth other neighbors, and seems to know who is doing what and at what time. She has a job, but apparently still has too much time on her hands. Her dog cries while she is gone, I have mentioned it and she felt bad for the dog, not those of us listening to it. She is now talking about moving to Florida! Yippe for me, bad for residents of Florida.

Old 03-16-2011, 12:22 PM

157 posts, read 574,594 times
I'd never live in a duplex again. Both the proprietor and his wife were drunks; he worked at a brewery (no kidding) during the day and his wife stayed home. If I was home during the day she'd follow me from room to room. Mr. A and I lived above her.

Our apartments had the same set up. She blared her TV all day, how she heard our phone ringing through that ruckus is beyond me. Whenever our phone rang, she'd mute her TV so that she could try to hear what I was saying. She'd turn off the TV about five minutes before Sudsy...er, her husband arrived home from work.

The floors were paper thin and I could hear her snoring many mornings, sleeping off her gin. Her hubby slept in the basement, and when we went to get our newspaper from our mailbox, we could hear him twisting off his breakfast beer caps at five in the morning.

I think it's comical now, but I certainly didn't think it was funny when I had to live there. She also complained to another neighbour that our budgie's chirping made too much noise and that she hated birds.

At least they did clean up after their small dog. Come to think of it, that dog was the only member of that family I liked.

Old 03-16-2011, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbean View Post

nosey neighbors are the worst,man. i keep to myself no matter where i live and yet i still get problems. mostly from just noise ordinance stuff at obscene hours of the night.

Old 03-16-2011, 05:03 PM

4,275 posts, read 7,632,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by acealive1 View Post
nosey neighbors are the worst,man.
Didn't you start another thread asking why your neighbors are having visitors?

Old 03-16-2011, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raubre View Post
Didn't you start another thread asking why your neighbors are having visitors?

and that has what do with what i just said?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting