Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2011, 08:27 AM

220 posts, read 836,002 times

Advertisements

Does anybody have experience using the service from
Tenant Screening | Tenant Credit Check | Landlord Credit Check | E-Renter
?

Is there a better one out there?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2011, 10:31 AM

6,952 posts, read 22,686,569 times
Yes, I have used them and liked them.

Old 04-07-2011, 02:08 PM

220 posts, read 836,002 times
squirl - thanks!

Old 08-21-2012, 01:38 PM

1,715 posts, read 4,777,609 times
I would and only get a full credit report anything short of that you do not get the full picture.

Old 08-25-2012, 12:05 PM

67 posts, read 213,762 times
Default Question

How are landlords responding to bad credit resulting from loss of home due to bad mortgage loans?

How are you able to tell if someone has been a victim of identity theft?

There remains (in my thinking) the need to learn more than these reports provide us.

What about the people who have turned their lives around: paid their debits but still suffer bad credit reporting? People who have served time in jails but have turned their lives around? Are they forced back into prison because they are victims of discrimination?

When do you, as landlords feel confident to make discretionary decisions about people? Have we lost that descretionary ability about people?

Just asking....

I do not give my social security number to anyone. If I were to rent from you and your filing cabinets or computers were available to your employees or contractors and one of them took my personal information and caused me harm, I would sue you.

Just sayin'......

Old 09-11-2013, 03:43 PM

2 posts, read 2,942 times
I would check MyScreeningReport.com

Old 09-11-2013, 06:16 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,530,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bliss61 View Post
How are landlords responding to bad credit resulting from loss of home due to bad mortgage loans?

How are you able to tell if someone has been a victim of identity theft?

There remains (in my thinking) the need to learn more than these reports provide us.

What about the people who have turned their lives around: paid their debits but still suffer bad credit reporting? People who have served time in jails but have turned their lives around? Are they forced back into prison because they are victims of discrimination?

When do you, as landlords feel confident to make discretionary decisions about people? Have we lost that descretionary ability about people?

Just asking....

I do not give my social security number to anyone. If I were to rent from you and your filing cabinets or computers were available to your employees or contractors and one of them took my personal information and caused me harm, I would sue you.

Just sayin'......

Well first you would have to prove I either allowed or gave your info away and created harm in order to sue. If I were to rent to someone and they refuse to give me the info I require I make it easy on me. I just deny the application and that's that. I don't force anyone to give me anything they don't want but in order for me to fully process the application I need that info. I have the right to protect my property also by not renting to people who have evictions, bad credit, non payment judgements etc. why would I want a headache renter when there are plenty of decent ones
Also remember that if you are too standoffish I may just think you have a big attitude problem which to me translates into problem tenant. If you are gonna be combative at application time how does that translate into your rent payment or if some problem arises?

I take in consideration a lot of things. And those considerations start from the first time we introduce ourselves. You would be surprised who I denied tenancy to and who I have allowed tenancy to.

Old 09-11-2013, 06:35 PM

2,091 posts, read 7,516,810 times
The landlord tenant relationship is one of trust, backed up by paperwork.

Old 09-11-2013, 06:52 PM

18,813 posts, read 32,500,469 times
The owner I work for has an account with these guys, through the CA Apt Assoc:

https://www.cbacredit.com/tenant_screening.html

As far as tenants refusing to give me their social security numbers? Bye.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting