Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2012, 12:36 PM

5,545 posts, read 2,036,931 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilporkchops View Post
You are not paranoid Savanna. I am experiencing the same thing. I live on the ground floor, and my upstairs neighbor follows me around my apartment. When I wash dishes, they start dragging their chairs in response. When I use the bathroom, they run to theirs and start using it at the same time! When I go into my kitchen. I can hear them running from their bedroom, to right above where, I'm cooking and dropping incredibly heavy objects. I guess some people just "get off' on making other people's life miserable.
It's as if you're writing this post for me. The exact same thing is happening with myself and my upstairs neighbor. He follows me around in his apartment everywhere I go, because he has nothing better to do. He has no job, and I have no idea how he pays his rent every month. (It frustrates me because he never leaves his apartment - every time I come home, he is always running around, and I've been home at sporadic times throughout the day, and I've never seen him leave his apartment.) Whenever I use the bathroom, he'll hear me doing so and immediately run to his bathroom and flush his toilet several times. He also loves to move furniture around every day. Seriously, why the hell does my upstairs neighbor have to be such a nuisance and exhibit these bizarre behaviors everyday?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2012, 05:02 AM

10,746 posts, read 26,007,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Photography View Post
It's as if you're writing this post for me. The exact same thing is happening with myself and my upstairs neighbor. He follows me around in his apartment everywhere I go, because he has nothing better to do. He has no job, and I have no idea how he pays his rent every month. (It frustrates me because he never leaves his apartment - every time I come home, he is always running around, and I've been home at sporadic times throughout the day, and I've never seen him leave his apartment.) Whenever I use the bathroom, he'll hear me doing so and immediately run to his bathroom and flush his toilet several times. He also loves to move furniture around every day. Seriously, why the hell does my upstairs neighbor have to be such a nuisance and exhibit these bizarre behaviors everyday?

Because he can. He pays rent to live there just like you do..what he does in his apt, how he pay his rent and how often he leaves his apt is none of your business.

If your neighbor can hear you using the toilet, then your problem is with the building, not the neighbor. I personally have no desire to hear anyone use the toilet.

Old 03-26-2012, 06:38 AM

3,175 posts, read 3,654,255 times
Answering the original post, I would have just gone up there and asked her.
The worst thing that could happen is she would think I was crazy and want to stay FAR away.

The best thing to happen, if I was the lady upstairs and got a knock at my door accusing me of following the lady downstairs around, I would have gone into completely hysterical laughter, like in the top ten of a decade kind. Can you even imagine how funny that would be?

Old 03-26-2012, 06:46 AM

5,545 posts, read 2,036,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim in FL View Post
Because he can. He pays rent to live there just like you do..what he does in his apt, how he pay his rent and how often he leaves his apt is none of your business.

If your neighbor can hear you using the toilet, then your problem is with the building, not the neighbor. I personally have no desire to hear anyone use the toilet.
It's a good thing I added you to my ignore list a long time ago so I wouldn't have to listen to your antics (I thought I'd read your post this time). Until you have someone living above you making all this noise and nuisance, you won't understand. I don't need another reply from you because it will go unread by me anyway.

Old 03-26-2012, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Photography View Post
It's a good thing I added you to my ignore list a long time ago so I wouldn't have to listen to your antics (I thought I'd read your post this time). Until you have someone living above you making all this noise and nuisance, you won't understand. I don't need another reply from you because it will go unread by me anyway.

Again...if you can hear your neighbor peeing, your problem is with the cheap azz building you live in and not your neighbor.

I don't care if you blocked me or not, my opinion stays the same and so the fact that your issue isn't with your neighbor. You chose to live in a building that was poorly constructed and instead of doing something about it ( like, oh I don't know, MOVING!) you choose to complain over and over and over.......what a whiner.

Old 03-26-2012, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post
Answering the original post, I would have just gone up there and asked her.
The worst thing that could happen is she would think I was crazy and want to stay FAR away.

The best thing to happen, if I was the lady upstairs and got a knock at my door accusing me of following the lady downstairs around, I would have gone into completely hysterical laughter, like in the top ten of a decade kind. Can you even imagine how funny that would be?

And how funny would it be to have your neighbor beat on your door yelling at you because they can hear you pee? Now, that would make me laugh right out loud...like I had something to do with how the building the built.

Old 03-30-2012, 11:17 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,205,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
OP...sneak another person (or persons) into your apartment and take turns intermittently making noises from different rooms. Drive the upstairs woman nuts as ahe runs from room-to-room and have a really good time laughing about it with your friend(s). Do this weekly (on different days) until she dies from exhaustion or a heart attack.
Now that is a good idea. then you'll know. Maybe invest in some thick rugs....and wear socks when you are home. this should at least frustrate this person's efforts. I can't imagine how that would make you feel. Can you move?? Is there any options for you like having a couple different tv's on, in different rooms.....things that would confuse this person a lot? Crazy people are very frightening. Be careful if you don't know what you're dealing with.

Old 04-01-2012, 08:47 PM

1 posts, read 29,595 times
My upstairs neighbors also can be feeling even.... creepy...knowing they are above me(I have three people living above me!) and when they hear me in my apartment they do often stomp or bang around more!or turn their tv or stereos louder and I did talk with the management and write letters, but my upstairs neighbors still are too noisy every day!

Old 04-19-2012, 10:31 PM

14 posts, read 336,929 times
Very late update to this thread.

I moved into my new place in February. Yay me! Thanks to all the posters who related their similar experiences. I feel for you and hope your situations will improve soon. I am a very reasonable, sane person, so I knew I wasn't making things up and I appreciate your feedback. I even thank those of you who suggested psychiatric help, meds, and tin foil hats -- I got a few chuckles.

Anyway, I am now in a situation that is drama-free and it is heaven on earth compared to living under that psycho. Come to find out, the psycho has been slapped hard by karma over the last few weeks, but I won't go into that, as I don't want to gloat. All I can say is "What a pity."

So now, I am basically renting a duplex house, no upstairs or downstairs neighbors. God willing, I will do everything I can to avoid ever being in that type of living arrangement again. Life is too short to be miserable. Best of luck to everyone!

Old 05-11-2012, 09:04 AM

1 posts, read 29,345 times
Okay, so this sounds a little crazy too, but I am dealing with the same thing. I have only been living in this apartment for a couple months. Is it by chance your old one? I can be in the dining room in the middle of the night listening to my laptop (not on high) which does not external speakers by the way, and the crazy lady above me will stomp down the hall to the dining room and beat on the floor. It seems like no where is safe in my house. I think she is trying to record me but I dont know how she can do that through the floor. She is the only one there during the day and no matter what room I go into as soon as I talk or listen to something she is right there. I am glad I found your thread, and no you are not alone
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting