Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2012, 04:08 PM

327 posts, read 1,119,189 times

Advertisements

I too inherited a few properties and have had the same happen. Never again would I give any slack. The inevitable happens and they are either very late or non-payment as well. I would not wait ever again. When its legally allowable to submit a notice to quit I would do so without hesitation. It takes quite some time to finally get a court date and even then it favors the tenant. Fastest I was ever to get a tenant out was 3 months. Enjoy Landlording
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2012, 06:48 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,479,283 times
carla8dec: Did the tenant pay rent for Jan and Feb yet, plus late fees?

Old 06-21-2012, 12:28 PM

2 posts, read 2,307 times
in the state of texas, tarrant county, can a landlord evict you for late fees owed? the rent is paid up, i only owe late fees and she is threating to evict if i dont pay them.

Last edited by awarren2011; 06-21-2012 at 12:35 PM.. Reason: to add more info

Old 06-21-2012, 02:29 PM

8,046 posts, read 28,470,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by awarren2011 View Post
in the state of texas, tarrant county, can a landlord evict you for late fees owed? the rent is paid up, i only owe late fees and she is threating to evict if i dont pay them.
Does your lease say that any money received will be applied first to fees, utilities, etc and lastly to rent (or something to that effect)? That is a very common clause, and would mean that your rent was not, in fact, paid in full. Makes a big difference.

Old 06-21-2012, 04:47 PM

4,400 posts, read 13,392,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by awarren2011 View Post
Also, your lease says you owe late fees. So, not paying those when you are legally obligated to do so IS a valid reason for eviction. You legally owe the late fees per the lease. So, while it may seem petty, the non payment of the late fees is non payment of money owed to the LL

Old 07-20-2012, 06:09 AM

2 posts, read 2,307 times
Lacerta, no the lease does not state that nor anything to that effect, also when I signed the new lease, the LL nmor the lease mentioned anything about pastdue latefees from the previous lease term. thank you for your help, I got the late fees paid and can't wait to get out of here. The LL kids. want to move back into the house and they are giving my wife and hell.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting