Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2012, 12:53 PM

6 posts, read 14,768 times

Advertisements

wow...ty everyone for your input!
Ok, just to clarify: there is NO MEDICAL MARIJUANA in New Jersey.
I asked them to stop but to no avail. They are nasty people, bad attitudes, and they will do, "whatever they want in their apartment".
Do to my job I have moved 4 times in the last 3 years and with my son I'm trying to have to avoid moving yet again.
I have sent written and had verbal complaints to my LLs to no avail. Written complaints to Section 8 but no re-inspection yet as far as I know, cops won't even come over anymore :-(
I guess Child Protective Services is the next way to go.

Thanks for all your input! :-)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2012, 02:19 PM

28,115 posts, read 63,680,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeerose828 View Post
wow...ty everyone for your input!
Ok, just to clarify: there is NO MEDICAL MARIJUANA in New Jersey.
I asked them to stop but to no avail. They are nasty people, bad attitudes, and they will do, "whatever they want in their apartment".
Do to my job I have moved 4 times in the last 3 years and with my son I'm trying to have to avoid moving yet again.
I have sent written and had verbal complaints to my LLs to no avail. Written complaints to Section 8 but no re-inspection yet as far as I know, cops won't even come over anymore :-(
I guess Child Protective Services is the next way to go.

Thanks for all your input! :-)
Sending a certified letter to the Regional HUD office along with a personal visit worked the one time I tried it...

The local Housing Authority was ignoring a problem at one of their units... it was conventional housing as opposed to Section 8 that is private party owned.

I drew up a petition and walked the streets gathering 51 signatures of concerned neighbors and delivered a copy to the Deputy Chief of Police, the Code Compliance assistant director and hand delivered a copy to the San Francisco Region HUD office in San Francisco... the property in question was located about 60 miles away in Pittsburg California...

When I got home I had already received two responses on my answering machine... one from HUD stating the local Housing Director in Pittsburg had been called and another from the Director in Pittsburg at the agency that had been totally indifferent to the plight of the neighbors.

That day a visit was paid to the unit by Housing with a police officer... drugs were found and the family was ultimately evicted by the Housing Authority...

The drugs apparently belonged to a 19 year old member of the family... he made lots of threats that didn't materialize... read in the paper that he was found dead about 6 months later in a suspected drug deal that went bad...

My point is with enough effort you can get the wheels in motion... nothing seems to work better than neighbors banding together and taking a stand...

I also did this in Oakland to get a stop sign installed... city repeatedly said it would not be installing one... myself and two others gathered more than 200 signatures and asked for time to speak at the full city council meeting... 7 days later we had our stop sign

Old 02-22-2012, 09:19 AM

6 posts, read 14,768 times
Default wow

that's terrific! what a great job! and that's a great idea which I will try ASAP! Thanks SO VERY MUCH for the petition idea!

Old 08-06-2014, 09:37 AM

13 posts, read 22,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeerose828 View Post
Did I mention there are also 4 minor children in the building, my own 9 year old son included, and I have a problem with his having to deal with this. I'm not 420 unfriendly but just don't want it around myself and my child.
Yankeerose828, don't bother with the stoners. I'm in CA and they don't give a ****. You're LUCKY that there are still laws against it. The trouble with being "420 friendly" is that these *****holes expect you to be tolerant to their harder drugs, including meth. Which is here.

And the junkies are the lowest form of scum; rabid vitriol, agenda ridden, foul mouthed, RACIST bullies.

In CA, many times the laws are not enforced and people are FORCED to sue for landlord junk. In my case, I'm stuck paying high rents to some landlady is a bonefide seedy RACIST psycho who grows her own "medical marijuana" and shared with the rich "med" student from the OC who obviously didn't get into med school for obvious reasons, the single mom (in front of her 9 year old kid that she only had 5 weeks of custody of), her niece---and she's guilty of aiding and abetting a tweaker who just violated his parole for failing his drug test (he's now a fugitive of the law). Let's not forget that she has a million animals that need to see a vet- and everyone knows her for bad things.

The parole officers knew that she was renting out with a criminal living here receiving unemployment RENT FREE while people were expected to pay her the high rents.

I'm blaming California law for this, they didn't do enough. And I'm calling them to communicate with her because I refuse to verbally speak with her.

That's before we put up with the garbage (ie. racist derogatory comments, controlling manipulative behavior, libel- possible precipitated robbery of her tenants, possible framing of a former tenant for drugs---she also does not lock the doors.

Looking for work in California is horrible enough. Then we're forced to put up with this garbage. I would be fine living somewhere where tenants and landlords are drug tested.

I kid you not, they make HORRIBLE tenants, roommates and landlords/property managers. The law does jack about it. You're not making this up, you're not over reacting. Some of us really have better things to do and the junkies maliciously get in the way with their b.s.

IF it's section 8 housing- then yes get on it. But otherwise- this is really horrible news in contrast to the economy vs. high rents. It's very challenging to reason with stoners- it's like nailing jello to the wall.

Old 03-16-2017, 11:40 AM

35 posts, read 28,099 times
Move.

Old 03-16-2017, 11:41 AM

35 posts, read 28,099 times
They may have a medical card. Move or call the police. Your landlord is not a babysitter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting