Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2012, 08:10 PM

126 posts, read 423,285 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
I Really wanted to know IF she had a REAL Complaint! Up to 10 months ago my Adult son & I were in a 1 Bedroom apt. We been on the list for 2 bedroom for 2-3 yrs. The Maintance man told me that while we been waiting the Mgr passed us by Several times! So I got online & contacted the Main Office .... Next thing I know she Rushing the single lady that had this apt into a 1 bedroom apt & me & my son into this 2 bedroom! We were here about 2-3 months & I and a few other Doggie Neighbors & those getting off work were sitting outside my apt. She come Storming out of the OFfice got Right into my Face Said was Breaking Dog Rules! HUH My crime Sitting out Front with my dogs! Not one word to anyone else! There is No Back Yard in this apt it sits 10 ft from the property line all Woods! BTW Front yard is Dumpster & Pvt Fence around it 8 ft high!! The neighbors live on 2 floor walk ups 1 bedroom No Yards at all. So from that point on dogs only go out After she closes the Office & leaves! Most of the winter going out has not been an option LOL Now FF to recent its been pick about Everything the dogs do or rather I not doing! She also complained that dogs toys were all over the floor well DUH! 2 tug/toss ropes 1 ball!!! My sons room had is cloths on floor towel where he just got of tub! NOT ONE Word!

BTW single lady very happy with the move! She went from $815 in rent to $650 Electric bill adv $150 in 2 bedroom Now her Electric is $75 .... my Elecrtic needless to say doubled ugh
She went from 101 to 102 so we are next door! She doesnt have pets but uses mine when she wants to relax LOL She also works with handicapt adults & brings them over to play with the girls! She cant understand why the LL complaining. She a nurse! So I sure IF she smelled anything she say something!

Ok this has NOW become a VENT LOL BUT Any helpful tips would be appreciated! THANKS!!

Tips? Walk your dog outside. I don't care if it's a service animal or pet. I own neither a cat or dog in my rental now, but I have had both in the past. My daschun put out 3x the urine and fecal matter than my cat ever did in one trip to the restroom.

Cat litter has stuff in it to cut down on odor. Your pup's urine soaks into the pad, sure, but I dont know of many pet pads that let odor back. Furthermore, I was instructed by my vet to change the pads every time they were used. Letting them sit allowed the odor to seep in. I don't know how you're managing to live in that smell.

The landlord certainly has the right to complain. You may be interfering with other tenant's right to peaceful enjoyment of their units. And yes, you can destroy concrete floor with dog urine. It seeps into the concrete and the odor lingers for years...no matter how much you clean it.

As much as you hate to hear it, people like yourself are the reason why normal people can't even get permission to keep a single cat in their apartment.

Old 05-25-2012, 08:17 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,256,089 times
Quote:
I dont know.... Why its confusing? I get inspected 3 times a yr. 2 by LL/apt mgrs 1 by HUD in 7 yrs I NEVER had 1 failure or complaint! My dogs are Not Pets they are Service Dogs! I Never been given PET Rules! So I asked for copy to SEE What RULES she saying I broke! NOT 1.... Litterboxes ARE Allowed! But doesnt say how ofter they are to be cleaned LOL Puppy pads are Fine But Not on the Carpet area! Mines Not on Carpet! Papers ok also IF you WAX the floor 3-4 times a yr..... guess that for extra protection LOL My son waxes the doggy area Every Other Month & every 3 months the Bath & Kitchen.
It's confusing because if you are in a complex/unit which allows dogs, and your residence doesn't reek of dog, the apt. manager/LL shouldn't have an issue. Especially if whichever one also keeps pets.

I don't allow pets in my rental units per the lease, every once in a while I give in. But not for a puppy and absolutely no cats.

I agree with the poster who suggested, in not so many words, you find someone who doesn't have animals and get them to take a whiff of your apt. It doesn't always have to do with what the animal recently evacuated and before it could get cleaned up/tossed out. There can still be a musty animal odor left in carpet, furniture....if the dog/cat marks it's territory it could be that the baseboard stinks and it may have soaked up and in to the drywall (BTDT...cost a lot to replace all base board/moulding/sheet rock 4 feet up from the floor).

Good luck!

Old 05-25-2012, 08:57 PM

13,926 posts, read 39,292,628 times
We are Allowed 2 pets Most in here have 2 dogs! Most are Large dogs! Some have Dog & cat. So Lots of animals here! There are No Sidewalks here where you can walk a dog with a scooter! For me to "walk" a dog its in the Middle of a Very Busy Street! As for the past yr+ they been building [city] a new road next to the apt complex. Even when its done will be a 4 lane HWY! People with Big dogs take them onto the lots next door! Its not owned by the apts just a several acre lot for sale! Nice place for the big guys to play BUT My scooter cant go there! Mostly brush at this point! Katie goes EVERYWHERE with me inc Grocery Store! As said she gets Lots of exercise! She trained to Go Potty on command & on pad when we are out. Lady still a puppy so she not been trained to walk next to the scooter yet. We had plans to get basic obedience done with my son taking her thru that. Once she got the healing & basics down & no risk of her suddenly darting in front of the scooter THEN we were going to teach her working around scooter! BUT the class was cancelled til Fall... No rush she just turned 1 yr Feb LOL She gets Tons of play time training time chores around the house LOL My living room is her agility course LOL Lady is in crate when we not home & I cant watch her. She has a litterbox in the crate. When she loose in the apt she uses the papers. She not yet dependable but getting there...so she watched like a hawk. My son helps by watching & catching her when she forgets the papers! So far in the past 2-3 months she made 1 mistake! He cleaned it then I had Pro Carpet Cleaners in to clean it good! I am VERY responsible towards my dogs & the care I give this apt! I treat it like its Mine cause it is as long as I paying the rent & bills! When we moved out of the 1 bedroom apt I hired Pros to clean it real good & Pros cleaned the carpets even tho I was told the carpet was 7 yrs old at the time & the LL was going to have it changed! The Pro that changed the carpets put the old one in his DD DS & his wifes bedroom BTW they are ALLERCIC to dogs! Guess he wouldnt have done that IF they werent Clean!

Old 05-25-2012, 10:50 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,256,089 times
Quote:
We are Allowed 2 pets Most in here have 2 dogs! Most are Large dogs! Some have Dog & cat. So Lots of animals here! There are No Sidewalks here where you can walk a dog with a scooter! For me to "walk" a dog its in the Middle of a Very Busy Street! As for the past yr+ they been building [city] a new road next to the apt complex. Even when its done will be a 4 lane HWY! People with Big dogs take them onto the lots next door! Its not owned by the apts just a several acre lot for sale! Nice place for the big guys to play BUT My scooter cant go there! Mostly brush at this point! Katie goes EVERYWHERE with me inc Grocery Store! As said she gets Lots of exercise! She trained to Go Potty on command & on pad when we are out. Lady still a puppy so she not been trained to walk next to the scooter yet. We had plans to get basic obedience done with my son taking her thru that. Once she got the healing & basics down & no risk of her suddenly darting in front of the scooter THEN we were going to teach her working around scooter! BUT the class was cancelled til Fall... No rush she just turned 1 yr Feb LOL She gets Tons of play time training time chores around the house LOL My living room is her agility course LOL Lady is in crate when we not home & I cant watch her. She has a litterbox in the crate. When she loose in the apt she uses the papers. She not yet dependable but getting there...so she watched like a hawk. My son helps by watching & catching her when she forgets the papers! So far in the past 2-3 months she made 1 mistake! He cleaned it then I had Pro Carpet Cleaners in to clean it good! I am VERY responsible towards my dogs & the care I give this apt! I treat it like its Mine cause it is as long as I paying the rent & bills!
So your apt doesn't stink?

Quote:
The Pro that changed the carpets put the old one in his DD DS & his wifes bedroom BTW they are ALLERCIC to dogs! Guess he wouldnt have done that IF they werent Clean!
Guess he was a HUGE moron. Or lied to you. Or that never happened. Why would someone who works for a company that cleans/installs carpeting take your raggedy/ pet stinking carpet and put it in his own home? With allergenic family members? COME ON!

Quote:
When we moved out of the 1 bedroom apt I hired Pros to clean it real good & Pros cleaned the carpets even tho I was told the carpet was 7 yrs old at the time & the LL was going to have it changed!
For what reason was the LL going to have the carpet replaced after 7 years? Good luck?

You're making NO sense.

At the same time, if you feel your rights are being violated...call a lawyer.

Old 05-25-2012, 11:31 PM

They change the carpets Colors every 5 yrs. Went from Gold to Dark Brown! But they dont change it IF some one is living in the apt. Between tenants. Well he wasnt the Owner of the carpet business, just worker...perhaps he was saving money! I know he sold one apts carpet to someone that used it to redo his home or parts of it. Dont know & Dont care what the life of a carpet is. We talked to each other over the yrs I been here & for one of my vans he gave me a piece of left over Vinyl. Another tenant buys junk cars & hes sold him carpet hes used to redo the cars. When I move in here they were debating on changing the carpet 4.5 yrs old I told them dont bother unless they want to make it all vinyl... I hate carpet!!

Well seeing a lawyer is something I havent thought of. Guess I be calling around next week!

Old 05-26-2012, 12:04 AM

Well got to wondering about the cament floor did some checking Heres what I found....
Removing dog urine smell in concrete floors - DoItYourself.com Community Forums

Guess I been doing my Cleaning Right all along LOL I use pure Vinagar ALL the time! Maybe thats why my apt Dont Stink LOL

Old 05-26-2012, 01:53 AM

15,129 posts, read 32,322,556 times
I don't allow pets in my rental units per the lease, every once in a while I give in.

There's a difference between pets and service animals. You can refuse to allow pets, but you can't refuse to allow a tenant to have a service animal. Service animals come with a doctor's prescription.

Old 05-26-2012, 04:55 AM

10,746 posts, read 26,015,105 times
Quote:
Well got to wondering about the cament floor did some checking Heres what I found....
Removing dog urine smell in concrete floors - DoItYourself.com Community Forums

Guess I been doing my Cleaning Right all along LOL I use pure Vinagar ALL the time! Maybe thats why my apt Dont Stink LOL

Please stop using capital letters when they are not needed and stop using the exclamation point at the end of every sentence.

This website might be of some help to you.

Basic Grammar Skills - free Suite101 course

Last edited by Kim in FL; 05-26-2012 at 05:38 AM..

Old 05-26-2012, 07:31 AM

2,756 posts, read 3,807,332 times
See you on the next Animal Cops - West Virginia! Ew.

Old 05-26-2012, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by txdemo View Post
See you on the next Animal Cops - West Virginia! Ew.
Cant say anything constructive So you just have to be Rude
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting