Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2012, 08:39 AM

13,927 posts, read 39,302,018 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim in FL View Post
Please stop using capital letters when they are not needed and stop using the exclamation point at the end of every sentence.

This website might be of some help to you.

Basic Grammar Skills - free Suite101 course
WAY OFF TOPIC .... another RUDE Person

Old 05-26-2012, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moved View Post
I don't allow pets in my rental units per the lease, every once in a while I give in.

There's a difference between pets and service animals. You can refuse to allow pets, but you can't refuse to allow a tenant to have a service animal. Service animals come with a doctor's prescription.
Well there is a Lot more to it than a Rx. Katie actually had to Prove she could do what I needed. Also another reason I didnt bring it up before. I wanted to find out what Normal people do When you live in Pain 24/7 & you cant Phy DO anything you do tend to slack off...doing Only what you need to things that cant be put off no mater how you feel. But until now I Never had any complains on my animals! BTW This Very LL is the one that Told me to get a 2nd dog so I could get her trained as Katie is slowing down. Now to pull this.....

Old 05-26-2012, 09:35 AM

10,746 posts, read 26,026,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
WAY OFF TOPIC .... another RUDE Person

WhatEver!!!!When YOu Do This KInd!! Of Writing!! IT maKE it Hard to reaD Your POsts!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And for the record, it's not off topic, if we can't read or understand what you're writing, how can anyone help you?

Old 05-26-2012, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim in FL View Post
WhatEver!!!!When YOu Do This KInd!! Of Writing!! IT maKE it Hard to reaD Your POsts!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And for the record, it's not off topic, if we can't read or understand what you're writing, how can anyone help you?
Please feel free to go help some one else.... I sure I got my answers anyway!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good Grief

Old 05-26-2012, 11:36 AM

15,129 posts, read 32,330,693 times
There are service animals for different conditions. I work for a mentally disabled woman who has a service dog for anxiety, and she just moved to a new apartment complex where dogs aren't allowed. She has a note from her doctor as to what her dog is for, and her neighbor has a service cat, also for anxiety, but cats are allowed at this complex.

Old 05-26-2012, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moved View Post
There are service animals for different conditions. I work for a mentally disabled woman who has a service dog for anxiety, and she just moved to a new apartment complex where dogs aren't allowed. She has a note from her doctor as to what her dog is for, and her neighbor has a service cat, also for anxiety, but cats are allowed at this complex.
We have a few Cats here that are Service Animals. They do great. Much better than dogs under those conditions. When I worked in Nursing Homes [CNA] they have cats. Was nothing to see the cats sitting on people laps or getting in bed to cuddle. Sure lifted everyone Spirts! On my days off I would take a few of my Shelties to go visit. Watching both cats & dogs interact Unless some one was allergic to either/or... I think was about equal the reactions! Lets face it IF you dont need Phy Help a Cat in an apt makes better sence over a dog. But my son & I are Both allergic to cats. So I have Tiny Dogs LOL Katie ... Corgi & Lady....Papillon BUT they also need to be trained & pass certain test on being able to Phy assit me. Thankfully a little dog can do things I need. When people move in here with their Labs & Great Danes I cring for the Poor dogs that are locked in small apt for 9-10 hours a day 5 days a week! And worse in winter time when ownes come home & only take them out long enough to potty! Then back in with no other exercise!

Old 05-26-2012, 12:50 PM

819 posts, read 3,208,674 times
gotta say - it's kinda annoying that you came on here asking for suggestions, then get defensive when people ask you questions.

I didn't know that poms could be service animals?

Old 05-26-2012, 01:16 PM

15,129 posts, read 32,330,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdotAllen View Post
gotta say - it's kinda annoying that you came on here asking for suggestions, then get defensive when people ask you questions.

Yes, little dogs can be service animals, too. The size doesn't matter, it just depends on the medical condition.

Old 05-26-2012, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdotAllen View Post

Wasnt being defensive....just stating what I was doing. & I got some good tips!

Depends on What you need the dog/cat to do! BTW I even had a Service Horse! And at one point they were Training mini horses for Guide Animals!

So what do you want to train a Pom to do?

Old 05-26-2012, 03:40 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,710,891 times
What does this all have to do with renting and landlord/tenant issues? Seems like this should be in the "Pet" forum as it seems to have little to do with renting issues and everything to with the pros and cons of the disposal of animal excrement and "how to" advice on keeping one's living quarters odor-free when one has pets.

The OP has apparently received no formal complaint from management and she's not facing eviction because of her pets' odors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting