Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2012, 10:18 AM

3,545 posts, read 6,031,922 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
unprofessional????

they are a bunch of repair men doing construction, they curse, that what men do, they are allowed to.

they are not sitting in a corporate office having to be politically correct.

it is obvious the original poster has way too much time on his hands to be offended by hearing a bunch of men curse.
Really? They're at work, and representing the company they work for. I suspect if someboody complained to their supervisor they'd at least be asked to chill out when they're at the jobsite. I'd be pretty irritated with that stuff too...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2012, 11:34 AM

18,468 posts, read 31,635,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wireyourworld View Post
Sorry, thats not what real men do, its what men who have not outgrown adolesence do. And yes, its business, and they are supposedly professionals. One does not need to be in an office to know what polite behavior in a public workplace is. "Thats just what men do" is just a crutch for people who have low standards. What i there were children about, is it still ok with you? Should mommy have to explain to her six year old girl that that is just how men are? This is why there are services like angies list. To separate the men from the boys.
oh please, they are men, they curse, it happens.

I wouldn't expect men that are pouring concrete in the street to be all prissy and watch what they have to say. please. gimme abreak.

it is only a curse word, men have been using them since the beginning of time, get over it.

mommy shouldn't have to justify to a child why men say certain words, a child isn't entitled to that type of justification. tough

that is one of the perks about being an adult.

Old 12-20-2012, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wireyourworld View Post
Sorry, thats not what real men do, its what men who have not outgrown adolesence do. And yes, its business, and they are supposedly professionals. One does not need to be in an office to know what polite behavior in a public workplace is. "Thats just what men do" is just a crutch for people who have low standards. What i there were children about, is it still ok with you? Should mommy have to explain to her six year old girl that that is just how men are? This is why there are services like angies list. To separate the men from the boys.
oh please, they are men, they curse, it happens.

I wouldn't expect men that are pouring concrete in the street to be all prissy and watch what they have to say. please. gimme abreak.

it is only a curse word, men have been using them since the beginning of time, get over it.

mommy shouldn't have to justify to a child why men say certain words, a child isn't entitled to that type of justification. tough

that is one of the perks about being an adult.

Old 12-20-2012, 12:53 PM

2,091 posts, read 7,516,810 times
Actually, being an adult means you know when its not appropriate to curse.

Old 12-20-2012, 01:16 PM

1,015 posts, read 2,423,914 times
Personally it doesn't bother me, I work at a military base and the f-bomb drops constantly. I would understand it if were a more "prestigious" working environment but for the "rag tag" construction don't expect proper etiquette. Ignore it and go about your business.

Old 12-20-2012, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildnFree View Post
Personally it doesn't bother me, I work at a military base and the f-bomb drops constantly. I would understand it if were a more "prestigious" working environment but for the "rag tag" construction don't expect proper etiquette. Ignore it and go about your business.

yeah seriously....I agree.

also you have to understand, that a lot, (not all) but a lot of laborers are un-educated, thus doing the job they do.

Do you really think they have any class???.....

Old 12-20-2012, 03:54 PM

1,015 posts, read 2,423,914 times
Don't forget some people don't step out of their bubble so them its all "new."

Old 12-20-2012, 04:06 PM

32,643 posts, read 48,028,221 times
Personally, I would just be glad that anyone was there doing the work and the repairs.

The workers are not the contractor, and they are very likely to be less educated and to not care much about whether or not they offend the locals, especially locals who aren't paying for any of it. You are probably lucky if they are cursing in English. They are doing hard work for not much money.

Yes, it is rude, yes it is immature, but I'm not their mommy, and I don't want them walking off the job because the neighbors are complaining.

Cowboy up. They will be done soon and gone.

Old 12-23-2012, 03:07 PM

132 posts, read 467,056 times
Some of these responses are a bit bazaar.... they are construction laborers, not animals. They are typical guys and will get away with as much as they can.

You have a legit complaint with the language. Ask your manager to tell the GC to tell the guys they are not alone and to watch their mouths.....the GC wants the next job so he will make sure it happens.

As far as the spitting, get over it.....construction sites are dusty and dirty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting