Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2014, 08:30 PM

294 posts, read 544,743 times

Advertisements

If any of these 'friends' are guys I'd stay away honestly, you're a vulnerable target and jerks can smell that from a mile away so save yourself from years of abuse and misery and find a job, a REAL job not some private Craigslist random post job, while staying at a homeless shelter
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2014, 08:37 PM

52 posts, read 155,914 times
I'll look into some sort of all female/women's shelter or maybe a cheap hostel or something I just dont get paid for 8 more days. Thanks for the advice everyone

Old 01-05-2014, 08:43 PM

5,989 posts, read 6,827,941 times
If you had no money for food, you'd go to a soup kitchen, rather than steal from a store, because it's wrong to steal, and you could wind up with a criminal record. If you have no money for rent, you have to move out, and go to a shelter or bunk with a friend (not with a person who wants you to have sex with them in exchange for shelter), because it's wrong to steal from the owner of the property, and you will wind up with an eviction and a judgement against you. So save yourself from having the record of an eviction. The landlord will probably not bother to go to court if you leave now.

Staying with a friend (not someone who wants to have sex with you), even if it's in a bad neighborhood, is probably a better option than a homeless shelter. Move there tomorrow.

Old 01-05-2014, 09:41 PM

18,813 posts, read 32,678,760 times
The good news about getting the 3 day notice, is that you now qualify for rental assistance, because you are at risk for homelessness. Here are your resources:

http://housing.lacounty.gov/HPRP/potentialServices.html

Get Help | United Way of Greater Los Angeles

Call 211 - they will help you find out what you qualify for

Call the Salvation Army, they offer lots of help, including rental assistance, I think:

Southern California : Locations

Put in your zip code to get contact info on the above site.

Call the above resources. You'll get some help and advice.

Old 01-05-2014, 10:09 PM

259 posts, read 523,811 times
You've got to be kidding me. OP, go to a women's shelter or couch surf until you can pay for your own room, but get out of their house ASAP. The nerve of you!

Old 01-05-2014, 10:21 PM

1,715 posts, read 4,791,994 times
poor me I have no were to go your 23 start acting like it. The give me generation is such a joke get a second job what a dead beat, people like you make me sick.

Old 01-05-2014, 10:28 PM

259 posts, read 523,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tworent View Post
poor me I have no were to go your 23 start acting like it. The give me generation is such a joke get a second job what a dead beat, people like you make me sick.
Me and you both, tworent. Her behavior and excuses is disgusting. A couple years ago she was on here posting about her parents earning 180K each a year and how she's booked hotel rooms with friends under the age of 21. So her parents never left her any money in a will? She has no college girl friends she can crash with for awhile? No aunts and uncles to loan her some money? Something doesn't add up.

Old 01-05-2014, 11:22 PM

14,585 posts, read 23,151,273 times
No one here is going to even touch the attempts at breaking and entering?

OP, the next time they attempt to force their way into your room, call the cops, immediately. If they show up yelling at you, tell them to leave you alone. If they don't comply, call the cops . Keep all copies of the police report(s). If they actually go to court, you can file counter claims for harassment and breach of the covenant of quiet enjoyment. If they change the locks, they can really be in trouble.

Old 01-06-2014, 01:17 AM

1,915 posts, read 3,494,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calabasasgirl View Post
I know, I know this is every landlords worst nightmare and I certainly hate to be in this position, but here's the story:
Let's take out all of the noise:

I [live] in the state of California. I signed a month-to-month lease in October of 2013 for a bedroom in a 4 bedroom house. I haven't [paid my rent] for 2 months [since I moved in, back in October]. On December 24, 2013 the landlord handed me a 3 day pay or leave notice.

Quote:
So, in those 3 days I did some research on California tenant laws and am familiar with how the eviction procedure works. However, I believe my landlord and his wife aren't because they have been trying to forcefully remove me from their house. Multiple times a day the wife pounds on my door yelling in Spanish and tries to force open the locked door (I have the only key, they forgot to make a copy) and then she goes to my window and opens it and tries to get in. She has been doing this almost everyday for a few weeks now!
Sure she does. Because it's been a few weeks since 12/27.

You don't leave your room? Got your own kitchen and bath/toilet in your bedroom? Why does she need to knock down your door?

Quote:
I have been waiting for the actual landlord (not his wife!!) To hand me an unlawful detainment notice but he hasn't yet. I assumed he knew the process but apparently he doesn't and I need advice on how to handle this.
You said
Quote:
On December 24, 2013 the landlord handed me a 3 day pay or leave notice.
So which is it?

Quote:
Should I write them a letter explaining the right way to handle the situation so they don't do anything they aren't supposed to? Please put all personal judgement aside, I just need to handle this the right way. If I did't have this room I would be homeless and this is my only option right now.
Go move in with Bob. I hear he's nice. Likes to pay rent for 23 year old chicks in California who lie out their rear-ends.

Stop wasting the time of others who have real issues.

Old 01-06-2014, 01:27 AM

1,915 posts, read 3,494,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
No one here is going to even touch the attempts at breaking and entering?
Why bother? Laws don't exist in la-la land.

Last edited by JerseyG; 01-06-2014 at 01:41 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting