Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2018, 03:13 PM

304 posts, read 296,403 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ Manager View Post
You called me names without refuting any of the facts I listed so how is what you did ANY different? Pot?
I called you by your title. You're a slumlord. If you've been lying about your unethical profession, that's on you.

Old 01-10-2018, 04:42 PM

1,663 posts, read 1,583,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raisins99 View Post
When you can't refute anything, call the other person paranoid and delusional.
And when you don’t have a point, just use broad generalizations and insults.

Like. All ESA dogs and service dogs are scams. Any disability I can’t see is fake.

Better for you?

Old 01-10-2018, 04:45 PM

Quote:
I called you by your title. You're a slumlord. If you've been lying about your unethical profession, that's on you.
So. In your opinion. Everyone should own the property they live in, regardless of whether that fits their needs or capabilities?

Seriously. You do not have a point. I guess being sooooo disabled that all you can do is insult people on the internet all day and live off a government handout, I can see how they should provide you housing for free too.

Oh. Wait. They do.

Old 01-10-2018, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoamingTX View Post
And when you don’t have a point, just use broad generalizations and insults.

Like. All ESA dogs and service dogs are scams. Any disability I can’t see is fake.

Better for you?
If I recall, you've already been clear about your feeling on the disabled so you aren't stating anything new here. I

Quote:
So. In your opinion. Everyone should own the property they live in, regardless of whether that fits their needs or capabilities?

Seriously. You do not have a point. I guess being sooooo disabled that all you can do is insult people on the internet all day and live off a government handout, I can see how they should provide you housing for free too.

Oh. Wait. They do.
I've never stated that. I've clearly stated that the landlord industry is unethical and scumlords harm us all. The industry could easily change in small ways and some of the ethics problems would cease to exist.

No one provides me free housing, but they definitely should. I would definitely love to spend all day on the internet! Sometimes I'm even paid for my time spent on the internet!

It's really telling that you think there's something wrong with free housing. More telling that you think there's something wrong with a veteran being compensated for injuries incurred in the line of duty. Scumlords indeed.

Old 01-10-2018, 05:30 PM

Quote:
If I recall, you've already been clear about your feeling on the disabled so you aren't stating anything new here. I

I've never stated that. I've clearly stated that the landlord industry is unethical and scumlords harm us all. The industry could easily change in small ways and some of the ethics problems would cease to exist.

No one provides me free housing, but they definitely should. I would definitely love to spend all day on the internet! Sometimes I'm even paid for my time spent on the internet!

It's really telling that you think there's something wrong with free housing. More telling that you think there's something wrong with a veteran being compensated for injuries incurred in the line of duty. Scumlords indeed.
Well. My 30% disability for hearing loss and an ankle the VA jacked up certainly don’t make me think you’re owed a damn thing above and beyond what they pay you. As for my “feelings on the disabled” you made that up with the rest of your posts in this thread.

So. Please tell exactly how you can have no landlords and housing that fits all needs?

You can’t. Until then, take solace in your insults - they sure look to help in improving your mental health.

Old 01-10-2018, 05:40 PM

10,360 posts, read 8,599,599 times
Quote:
Sure, you can make up random data and try to sell it as fact. However, housing is a need. Landlording isn't. Simply being a tenant isn't unethical while the act of landlording is. You actively drive up housing prices, kicking tenants out of their space. You lobby against rent control measures because that won't make you rich, then you complain when tenants can no longer afford basic needs and have to utilize services like section 8. Then go and make up stories about how expensive it is to landlord while driving around in your porsche. Landlording is an unethical business.
This is the most out of touch thing I've heard this week.

Old 01-10-2018, 05:40 PM

2,360 posts, read 1,920,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ Manager View Post
Working my ass off to keep my credit clean and save money to buy real estate is unethical? Housing is a need but 1500 sq ft for 2 adults and a kid isn't. There is plenty of housing all over this country at all levels of income, go find housing that fits your financial needs.

The issue with increasing rents can be solved by building more housing, increase supply, but without someone to buy that housing, landlords, then the housing won't get built. In a 1992 survey of economists 93% agree that rent controls reduce the quantity and quality of housing and that opinion hasn't changed and likely never will. Rent controls in San Francisco actually reduced rental units by 6% because the owners converted the units to condos and sold them. And then you have the MIT paper that states the end of rent control in Cambridge reduced crime so much that the economic benefit is $10 to $22 million.

Rent control doesn't work the way people want it to. There are other ways to provide lower rent for lower income households without going the section 8 route, tax credits would be a good start.
Yes build more houses, then get in line to buy it. Turns out its the property management people that goes out and buys up majority of the houses. So anything new or build is in the wrong hands. He does have a small mute point about LL business. Their needs to be some kinda rent control to keep you from maxing our finances out so you can kick us out for the next rich chump is stupid enough to pay the fees. House is a need, rather its 20sq or 2000sq, it is a need and shouldn't be in control of those that been wealthy enough to gain assets in this market. I know alot of people who was interested in a few good house, but got bid out from people who doesnt even live in the same state. Its just property management trying to grab many houses they can in hopes to flip or rent it out at a unfair market price. So once again, get rid of that entitlement then, we can see how the market is.

Old 01-10-2018, 05:47 PM

Quote:
I have no idea what this question you are asking. I have a landlord and I have housing. I acquired it by not allowing them to discriminate against me.

You have clearly stated your feelings for the disabled. If not in other threads, then just a few posts up in this one. Are you going to pretend that wasn't you? Someone hijacked your account? And I'm being called delusional.

OP, sorry the thread has been hijacked by these jerks. No confusion at all why scumlords would just randomly decide to raise rent 30%-50%
Since you clearly lack the ability to comprehend sarcasm. Let me spell it out.
My comments upthread were the same as your generalization of landlords. I sincerely hope that’s clear enough for you. Name one other thread.

The question was also exceptionally clear. Can’t help you any further there.

Oh. And the OP has been gone for years. This was another thread rebooted by you and another miseducated moron.

Old 01-10-2018, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Since you clearly lack the ability to comprehend sarcasm. Let me spell it out.
My comments upthread were the same as your generalization of landlords. I sincerely hope that’s clear enough for you. Name one other thread.

The question was also exceptionally clear. Can’t help you any further there.

Oh. And the OP has been gone for years. This was another thread rebooted by you and another miseducated moron.
If you're now claiming that you were being sarcastic, then your comment was nothing like mine. I certainly wasn't. I'll just assume you're trying to backpedal.

The question wasn't clear, that's why I said it wasn't clear.

I didn't reboot anything. Nor do I think people asking similar questions that were asked years ago makes them 'miseducated morons'. I was merely attempting to respond to those who asked question. You and your kind tried to step in and attack us. You were responded to in kind.

Old 01-10-2018, 05:54 PM

I’ll go back to the beginning then. You’re just delusional and confused.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting