Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2014, 01:41 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,754,781 times

Advertisements

More lying and deceiving....the only result will be more paperwork and more proof asked from the next tenant

Maybe the dog was noticed due to barking or another issue and how likely is it if the dog is staying in the car longer that they will let the dog relief itself on the property.

The rule may not be a likeable rule but if you don't like it than don't rent in a place like that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2014, 06:03 PM

548 posts, read 1,038,600 times
I certainly would do nothing to damage my DD and her apartment. I just thought it was a silly rule since I don't live in this city and I don't know what to do with my dog when coming to town. Leaving her with my parent I am caring for isn't an option and driving onto the property for a 10 minute pickup seemed to me like a silly rule. I understand there are many pet owners who violate all kinds of rules. From now on I am parking in the parking lot at the gas station and walking over to get my grand child.

Old 05-18-2014, 06:16 PM

28,115 posts, read 63,680,034 times
Around here every dog is a service animal and if you doubt it... just ask.

It's just like the Day Care exemption the Governor signed...

Landlords have all the responsibility and less control as time marches on.

Old 05-18-2014, 06:20 PM

50,376 posts, read 63,993,273 times
Is it a stupid rule? Yes, but as always, you are being punished for all the people who abuse the rules.

Old 05-18-2014, 06:20 PM

3,433 posts, read 5,747,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katie1 View Post
we are allowed dogs but no visiting dogs are allowed! One of my neighbors got evicted cause his dad refused to keep his 2 boxers at home! Boxers are also on the list for not being allowed! Judge didn't even blink when he told the guy your responsible for your guest! Now move!

great !

Old 05-18-2014, 06:41 PM

2,845 posts, read 6,014,351 times
That is kind of annoying, specially if you were just popping to grab your grandkid and leave. Maybe next time just call your daughter when you are there and say "bring the kids out" and then that way you aren't parking or anything and they can see you are just picking up the kids and leaving?

I would have just said "Oh sorry I'm from out of town, I wasn't aware of the rule, I'm just grabbing the grandkids, be right back, I don't have anywhere to put the dog at this red hot second" and then I would have done that and left so they could see I was serious. I'd be surprised if they could get a tow truck within 5 minutes. And I don't think many tow truck companies would want to be responsible for a live animal.

Old 05-18-2014, 10:52 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,071,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
More lying and deceiving....the only result will be more paperwork and more proof asked from the next tenant
Wanna bet? We already established in another thread that your knowledge of this issue is seriously lacking, and in that same thread I included a DOJ document detailing exactly what kind of proof you could demand.

It's not very much.

Quote:
The rule may not be a likeable rule but if you don't like it than don't rent in a place like that.
And with that type of attitude, nothing would ever change.

Old 05-19-2014, 03:48 AM

13,927 posts, read 39,302,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoreSnowForMe View Post
Way to deal with bullies - you betcha.
What You never inforced the Lease your boss had Tenants sign? Guess we know now what kind of Apt Mgr you really were!

This is NOT about Bullies this is RESPECTING Other peoples Property & their Rules just like I am sure she has Rules in her home!

Old 05-19-2014, 06:29 AM

10,746 posts, read 26,026,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkiss View Post
I certainly would do nothing to damage my DD and her apartment. I just thought it was a silly rule since I don't live in this city and I don't know what to do with my dog when coming to town. Leaving her with my parent I am caring for isn't an option and driving onto the property for a 10 minute pickup seemed to me like a silly rule. I understand there are many pet owners who violate all kinds of rules. From now on I am parking in the parking lot at the gas station and walking over to get my grand child.

don't know what to do with your dog? Leave it home...novel concept I'm sure, but it's not a service dog and doesn't need to be attached to your hip.

As for leaving it in the car....don't come to Florida and do that.....you'll end up with broken out windows and a fine from the police. We lose several kids and pets to being left in a car each year.....stupidest solution ever.

Old 05-19-2014, 08:31 AM

18,813 posts, read 32,512,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
What You never inforced the Lease your boss had Tenants sign? Guess we know now what kind of Apt Mgr you really were!

This is NOT about Bullies this is RESPECTING Other peoples Property & their Rules just like I am sure she has Rules in her home!
Yep. I was the type of apartment manager who would let you mother park her car in the parking lot, with her dog in it, when she came to pick up the grandkids. Even though I had a no pets policy.

I also wouldn't have checked her purse, or listened outside the door to their conversations.

The manager described in the OP is a busy body, control freak. And no, that's not how I operated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting