Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2015, 02:00 AM

1,017 posts, read 1,812,603 times

Advertisements

here looking for advice. i'm an in home care worker for a blind and deaf lady. How do I start. iv'e been working for this lady for seven years taking care of her she is in the hole by 15 grand to the landlord nor does she have power!! her trustee said that he would pay Januarys rent after that he told her that he was done with her trust fund and hasn't sent her what's left in her trust!! and her lawyer that she has is a complete joke. she want's to pay her debt to the landlord but is fighting tooth and nail with her cousin and her lawyer who all of a sudden never calls her back when she accused her cousin of misusing her trust fund!! I am wondering if the landlord can touch me if she get's evicted seeing's how I am NOT on the lease or just ask me to leave wich belive me I have no problems with doing. I am over all of her procrastinations!! me and the landlord did not have any agreements for me to pay rent since her trust was supposed to take care of that as well as everything else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2015, 04:15 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,710,891 times
You're not on the lease so the answer is no. Since you're a health care worker, how come you haven't reported the living situation to social services? It's illegal for the landlord not to supply power. Her relationship with her family and her attorney is none of your business but the living situation should be reported.

Old 01-22-2015, 04:29 AM

10,746 posts, read 26,026,661 times
I agree, this should be reported ASAP. If the OP is licensed in her state as a CNA or above, she could be held liable for not reporting these conditions to the proper authorities.

Old 01-22-2015, 06:50 AM

1,898 posts, read 2,839,013 times
Are you the care giver or the landlord? Prior posts you claim to be the landlord.

Old 01-22-2015, 08:51 AM

658 posts, read 724,495 times
Are you taking care of her in exchange for a place to live? you might be in trouble as well not just the person you give care to because of your lack of due diligence reporting to the SS. Your story is all over places...So you have a landlord, a deaf and blind lady plus her lawyer, a trustee (cousin?), and yourself? Why is everyone involves? No one can touch you since you have no responsibility of anything financially. You only look after the blind and deaf lady.

Old 01-22-2015, 08:59 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,710,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reenzz View Post
Are you the care giver or the landlord? Prior posts you claim to be the landlord.
That confuses me too along with a few other facts from previous posts.

Old 01-22-2015, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reenzz View Post
it's a different situation all together where I take care of another disabled lady!!

Old 01-22-2015, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim in FL View Post
I agree, this should be reported ASAP. If the OP is licensed in her state as a CNA or above, she could be held liable for not reporting these conditions to the proper authorities.
I will tell you I have contacted the authorities and she wont leave. iv'e had adult protective services over here more than once and she refuses to leave and go into a home wich I think would be best for her!! I might have to pry her out of her situation!!

Old 01-22-2015, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
You're not on the lease so the answer is no. Since you're a health care worker, how come you haven't reported the living situation to social services? It's illegal for the landlord not to supply power. Her relationship with her family and her attorney is none of your business but the living situation should be reported.
she's responsible for her own power. I do agree that her relationship with her lawyer is none of my business but she blabs all of her business all over the place!! I have reported this situation to adult protective services and she refuses to leave and they won't take her out of here. she said the power company is willing to deal with her but she won't call and deal. I think it's time for her to go into a home!!

Old 01-22-2015, 03:38 PM

1,898 posts, read 2,839,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krelithous View Post
it's a different situation all together where I take care of another disabled lady!!

Not buying it. In your prior post you claim to be a landlord who's deaf and blind tenant owe you $12,000.00 in rent.
Are you a landlord?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting