Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2015, 08:17 AM

1,178 posts, read 1,360,784 times

Advertisements

Well, then, based on the majority of postings on here, it sounds like I will never have any chance of getting into an apartment and may as well start looking for a box in an alley somewhere to take up residence.

Thanks for some amount of encouragement weatherphotographer. Maybe there is someone out there someone that wants a drug and alcohol free, quiet middle age women to give a chance to prove herself being a responsible and respectful tenant and who would make the rent payment the main priority--before the electric, the food bill and any other payments. If not, than I have faith and hopefully God will help me come up with something.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2015, 06:40 PM

6,353 posts, read 11,594,235 times
If you are attending a 12 step group and/or church, there will be people who know you have good moral character and are making improvements to your financial picture.

Would you be open to living with an elder person and providing light housekeeping & meal preparation?

Count me as another landlord who sees the big rent in advance as a red flag. I think: this person just came into a windfall but where will they be when the money runs out.

Old 06-22-2017, 12:34 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,458,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
Also there are Programs once a person has a steady job they can apply for Home Ownership programs thru HUD So its move than Moving from one apt to another it a possibility to moving into your own home YES payments are based on your income. USDA Housing HUD both have programs. 1st time home ownership programs .... some depending on your area will let you have 2nd chance programs. My son was in a 1st time ownership program... when he got injured his home almost went to foreclosure but since some purchased it at the last min he now eligible for 2nd chance program. A friend of mine her dh purchased a 3 bedroom home under the USDA program. Every year they had to bring proof of income get their payments adjusted. Several times they actually made full payment other times in between jobs they barely made any payment. In good yrs they made double payment Just to get ahead for the bad times.

Great! Median home price here near $400K, How would someone with a steady minimum wage job get into a HUD Home Ownership program?

Old 06-22-2017, 09:34 AM

9,860 posts, read 7,736,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
Great! Median home price here near $400K, How would someone with a steady minimum wage job get into a HUD Home Ownership program?
Why don't you call HUD and find out? Let us know if this is something that would work for you in your situation.

If not, maybe they have suggestions of what you need to do to qualify.

Old 06-23-2017, 09:54 AM

19,437 posts, read 27,838,210 times
Quote:
YOU would do nothing but continue to spend your time on the Internet and bring up Phantom old posts so you can ***** about your life.

A smarter person would get a second job, get a better job and/move to a less expensive area.

Old 06-23-2017, 01:56 PM

4,286 posts, read 4,762,355 times
OP is from 2015, hopefully they have found housing by now.

Old 06-23-2017, 02:15 PM

12,713 posts, read 15,535,425 times
Quote:
You complain more than anyone I've ever met.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting