Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2015, 04:03 PM

3 posts, read 3,632 times

Advertisements

Renting out a house for first time.

A couple is applying and one of his co-worker will be a roommate. The credit report of three of them are bad. The couple makes 100K and the other guy makes 50K. Their only child is in high school. I have called the couple's current landlord and come back with a very positive feedback for the past 2 years. The guys boss also said he is a good guy.

The credit report from their agent is really confused or it is just I dont really have the background knowledge to read it.

A link to the credit report is in below. please let me know if you see any flag for no go in the report.
All personal info has been removed.

[mod]url removed[/mod]

Last edited by Marka; 03-28-2015 at 03:16 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2015, 04:50 PM

1,268 posts, read 3,000,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yuris View Post
A link to the credit report is in below. All personal info has been removed.
Check again- I suggest you remove that link asap before you get sued or ruin this person's credit even more!!!!

Old 03-27-2015, 04:53 PM

5,443 posts, read 4,679,372 times
Please DO NOT post someone personal information like that. You are lucky a moderator did not take you to task. What made you think that was a good idea????!!!

: smack:

Last edited by Marka; 03-28-2015 at 03:16 AM..

Old 03-27-2015, 04:56 PM

7,672 posts, read 12,822,090 times
Are any of the issues related to judgements or evictions? Did you look up the property where they last rented on your county real estate lookup website that the owner listed is the same name as the owner/landlord you spoke to? Do you see their paycheck stubs that verifies their income if allowed in your state? In most counties you can look up civil proceedings, look them up there too.

Old 03-27-2015, 05:03 PM

32,647 posts, read 48,040,180 times
I'm not interested in renting to a couple with a child and a roommate. Especially if all three have bad credit. There is enough income there for the couple to not need to house share, if they really have that amount of income.

I suggest that you independently verify who owns the house they are moving from and make sure you are really talking to the owner of that house and not to a buddy pretending to be a landlord. Then find out where they lived before and contact that landlord and see what he has to say about renting to them.

Don't call the phone number they gave you to verify income. Look up the company in the phone directory and call the personnel department to verify that they are employed and how much income they have.

Check that the addresses they gave you coincide with the addresses given on their credit report.

Old 03-27-2015, 05:04 PM

32,647 posts, read 48,040,180 times
Adding, if they are moving from a house that is close by, drive by and take a look at the condition it is in.

Old 03-27-2015, 05:58 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,745,966 times
They would be denied at our office! We don't rent to tenants who have a prior judgment from a previous rental place.

That is just aside from other things on the report but we don't look at that anymore when we see the rental judgment.

Old 03-27-2015, 06:00 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,745,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
Adding, if they are moving from a house that is close by, drive by and take a look at the condition it is in.
Your advise is great but we have seen false addresses given and the homes looked great but unfortunately they never resided there..lol They think they are smart but just ask proof in the form of utility bills from the previous place for the last few months!

Old 03-27-2015, 06:42 PM

3 posts, read 3,632 times
thanks for all the advise.

The report verified their current address.
I have verified the owner's name of that property and the owner's employer. They provided the landlord cell phone and work phone. I called her work phone earlier and it goes to voice mail. the voice mail has her name and the company.

I guess that should prove the person that I am calling is the real landlord, unless they make the fake in such detail also create the fake voice mail... it is possible to fake all that but how can I further to verify it.

Also, assume everything is real... what do you guys think?

Old 03-27-2015, 06:46 PM

7,672 posts, read 12,822,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yuris View Post
thanks for all the advise.

The report verified their current address.
I have verified the owner's name of that property and the owner's employer. They provided the landlord cell phone and work phone. I called her work phone earlier and it goes to voice mail. the voice mail has her name and the company.

I guess that should prove the person that I am calling is the real landlord, unless they make the fake in such detail also create the fake voice mail... it is possible to fake all that but how can I further to verify it.

Also, assume everything is real... what do you guys think?
A poster said there's a judgement for rent of some sort, that would be an automatic no in my area. Just looked, and it's over $5000. No way would I rent to a person like that. That could be you.

Last edited by momtothree; 03-27-2015 at 06:55 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting