Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2008, 07:24 PM

2,040 posts, read 4,555,611 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobokenkitchen View Post
I'm happy for you that things seem to be resolved - I do understand how strangely some people can act. I'm probably biased because a doctor rented my Mother's house, destroyed it and had the nerve to say that he made 'improvements'. Thankfully the photos showed otherwise and my Mother won the subsequent law suit.

We also just sold a two family house - the last tenant left the place in a disgusting mess - no 'damage', just filth. Took us HOURS to clean up. We should probably have kept his security deposit, but we didn't make a fuss, just cleaned and cleaned and cleaned!

We're renting ourselves now short term and about to do so again for a year, so perhaps I'll have a more balanced view at the end of it having been both a landlord and a tenant!

Glad it all seems to be resolved for you anyway!!
Thank you. I know some renters can be nightmares, but were not all bad. I used to be a resident manager of an apartment complex. I couldn't believe the condition some people left their units when they left. Me personally, if I put a deposit down, I want it back. I'm gonna clean the oven, the window sills, the tub, and vacuum every corner (or steam clean, if necessary). No trash will be left. If by some fluke, a hole is in a wall, I'm gonna repair it before I leave. Currently, I'm making improvements (yes, true improvements) to the house I'm renting. I've been here 8 years and, unless the landlord sells, I'll be here 8 more. I'm trying to instill this ethic in both my kids. Being evicted or losing a deposit is not the way to live life. Whether you own or rent, you should always take pride in where you live.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2008, 12:41 PM

8,411 posts, read 39,264,921 times
I would think the bed on the floor would crush and rub the carpet?
Just a guess as I always have been on hardwood or a frame.

I notified my landlord of any natural elemental damage right away. Did they?
(Had a bad storm here myself that ripped off a window screen)

Really does sound like that LL is a bit nutters but also has been burned.

Old 03-10-2008, 07:18 PM

2,040 posts, read 4,555,611 times
They reported the door the day it happened. He didn't make a fuss at all when they told him. He even said he had been chasing his trash cans all day himself because it was so windy. There always seems to be a "For Rent" sign in front of that house. The rent is not cheap by any means ($1,500 in a rural area). I can't imagine that of the 3 times I've seen a sign in front of the house that it was because every tenant was bad. I don't think anyone has lived there for more than 6 months at a time. Maybe he has been burned in the past and now he's paranoid. The weekly inspections and surviellance of the house is just too weird.

Old 04-24-2013, 05:35 PM

1 posts, read 987 times
I remodel houses everyday and my landlord knows it, work got a little slow and i got about 600 to
700 dollors behind i pay weekely 150 i have done a little work for her throught the time im living here, currently still am

Old 04-25-2013, 04:52 AM

10,746 posts, read 26,026,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTatMan84 View Post
I remodel houses everyday and my landlord knows it, work got a little slow and i got about 600 to
700 dollors behind i pay weekely 150 i have done a little work for her throught the time im living here, currently still am

and??

It's nice that your landlord is letting you make payments instead of evicting you, but you need to get another job and pay your back rent as quickly as possible. It's all about being a responsible tenant. You also might want to look into a household budget.

Old 04-25-2013, 07:51 AM

6,952 posts, read 22,690,784 times
When I read threads like these it makes me wonder when I will get the tenants from Hades that will drive me out of the LL business! I have never, never rented to roommies. And will continue to hope I don't have roommate tenants in the future. I have rented to some unmarried couples (who lived together at another rental prior to one of my places) and so far I have not regretted it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting