Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2015, 10:46 AM

15,129 posts, read 32,326,222 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koale View Post
four pitbulls vs. 4 yappers...you choose.
K
I'd take the four pit bulls over four yappers any day. Everyone where I live has a little yapper, and they rarely shut up, but yet the pit bull across the street only barks occasionally at night, unless theres a problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2015, 10:07 PM

70 posts, read 76,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moved View Post
Here's an example of a "vicious" pitbull, that's kept as a pet. This is Princess, she comes to football games to look for footballs that have been thrown out, because they're her favorite toy.

OMG, she is adorable!
My oldest daughter has a pit and goes with her almost everywhere, even to one of her job at an equine therapy center where she loves to play with the horses and is spoiled by the owners of the center.

Old 12-28-2015, 09:37 AM

2,039 posts, read 4,554,950 times
If I was renting a room in a house where the owner lived and he had four dogs, I would think this would be advertised in the listing. Not everyone is a dog lover. How do you justify getting a roomer and not telling them they have to live with four dogs before they commit to living there. Was the OP to find out about the dogs on move in day? Most homes with pets usually state in the ad "must like dogs."

As this was a room share and not an apartment building, it was a big omission on the owner's part.

Old 01-03-2016, 11:13 PM

123 posts, read 210,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjg1963 View Post
If I was renting a room in a house where the owner lived and he had four dogs, I would think this would be advertised in the listing. Not everyone is a dog lover. How do you justify getting a roomer and not telling them they have to live with four dogs before they commit to living there. Was the OP to find out about the dogs on move in day? Most homes with pets usually state in the ad "must like dogs."

As this was a room share and not an apartment building, it was a big omission on the owner's part.
Thank you. Finally someone who made sense. The guy didn't look friendly at all when I met him. This is something that is hard to convey on an internet forum. Having volunteered at a dog shelter and spent a lot of time with pit bulls and people I have a good feel for people and their relationships with dogs. The way the owner said "shut up!" was not very nice at all. Some of the people reading my post couldn't looks past the fact I mentioned pit bulls without getting defensive. As it turns out, I was declined anyway because the guy thought it'd cost him too much in electricity for me to be running my computer all day.

Old 03-08-2016, 10:12 PM

32 posts, read 27,589 times
How they behave with you. I heard many times about kind of same post. some peoples just how to talk with others.They may reply you with common way .

Old 03-09-2016, 08:09 AM

2,684 posts, read 2,400,959 times
So wait, what is this thread about- pitbulls and their owners, or landlords?

As far as the landlord, you can't expect a landlord to tell you everything in the world that could possibly be construed as a negative. Some people are dog people and wouldn't care about the pitbulls but might hate that the sun comes in through the bedroom window at 6am. Others, the opposite. Same thing with smokers- some people wouldn't care if the downstairs neighbors smoke, while others would throw a fit. I don't fault the landlord, but I applaud you for noticing it and responding to it.

As far as the pitbulls and their owners, that's a whole other thread really. I'm not a fan of either.

Oh, and I see from your last post that your potential LL denied you because of potential electricity usage- YOU DODGED A BULLET. If he/she cares about a few extra dollars of electricity every month, just imagine the wars you would have had over the thermostat, or the hot water. Throw in the barking dogs, and you really lucked out by not renting this place.

Old 03-09-2016, 11:53 PM

2,609 posts, read 2,507,241 times
I get your post. It's not about a pitbull (or 4), it's about a landlord not sharing all the information you feel is necessary. If the apartment is separate (separate entrance, no shared space), then I don't think the landlord would need to tell you anything about other pets in other properties. Since this is a room share, I'm assuming that means you are sharing some living space, or at least sharing access to the place. In other words, you may expect to encounter one of more of the dogs unexpectedly whenever you are in a shared space. If that is the case, I certainly do think that is something the landlord should have shared up front. Pitbulls or minipoodles, I would want to have the information about pets in an apartment before I signed on to share that space. It sounds like a nice location, but I would not be thrilled about sharing with a landlord who didn't give important information (again, assuming it's shared space) and who was so dismissive of you when you got there (if I were the landlord, I'd sure want to talk a bit with someone who is going to share my space). Maybe the dogs always stay downstairs and there is no chance you'd run into them in any shared space, and he didn't feel the need to mention it?

Old 03-11-2016, 09:19 AM

13,713 posts, read 12,435,560 times
I love dogs. I like most pitbull's I've met as well. That said, I don't think I would want to live with four dogs, of any breed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting