Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2008, 03:54 PM

8 posts, read 67,763 times

Advertisements

I'm out.... Been out for a week now. I spent last weekend sleeping on one of my coworker's floor. My boyfriends mother drove down here from DC last week and she went with me to clear my belongings out. We gave him a detailed letter outlining my reasons for breaking the lease and moving out. I had planned move out while he was at work and to leave the letter on his bedroom door, but he was home. I didn't speak to him and boyfriend's mother did all the talking and was the one to actually hand him the letter(it was almost as if she was my legal counsel). I'm still looking for another place to live and avoiding rentals with only men or men as landlords/roommates(once bitten, twice shy). I've lived in apartments with male roommates before with no problems, I sure found a winner this time around.

Thanks everybody for the advice and the verbal shove out the door.

PS... the webcam was found. Fancy one that you can pan remotely with. It doesn't work anymore(I didn't do it).....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2008, 05:19 PM

13,927 posts, read 39,297,259 times
hummm should we ask where the webcam was found!?!?!??

Old 02-25-2008, 06:21 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,282,339 times
We are, we are...

I'm glad you're out.
Have you tried Craig's List? ; or is there a college publication or city paper?
I rented a wonderful house that way.

Good luck and I'm more comfortable that you're out of there.

Old 02-25-2008, 07:58 AM

2,868 posts, read 9,552,858 times
Get out of there...

I am thinking he stashed the camera somewhere where he can see you ALL THE TIME....

I just read the update...I am so glad you are out of there.

Old 02-25-2008, 08:59 AM

2,238 posts, read 9,756,657 times
Glad you're out. Friend's floor for a while is much better than in a house with that pervert.

Old 02-25-2008, 09:36 AM

353 posts, read 1,261,811 times
Thank god you're out of there. That man's a disgusting creep.

I hope you can find something better, and please use a more discriminating eye when looking. If something gives you a funny vibe---RUN!

Old 02-25-2008, 03:09 PM

51 posts, read 191,379 times
You really should call the police about this.

Old 02-28-2008, 10:20 PM

324 posts, read 1,707,183 times
I am glad you are out, as I am reading this late. Very scary situation. I think you should make this known publically. Where did he advertise this house for rent? Put an ad in the same section warning other women, and contact local police dept. or local news station. Very scary, who knows what he had planned.

Old 02-28-2008, 11:19 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenni4 View Post
I just moved to Maryland(solomons area). I found a place- the owner of the house was looking for housemates for his 3 bedroom house, he seemed like an odd but nice older man. I tried getting ahold of other roommate who spends all her time at her boyfriends, but I couldn't. I went ahead and signed the lease on Monday(2/11) and moved in later that night-I don't travel with alot of stuff- He continued to become more and more creepy. He is always wanting to take me out to dinner, wanted to take me to a concert, follows me around the house, Keeps telling me that the is takeing applications for girlfriends(I talk about my boyfriend as much as possible as a gentle hint and say no to the applications), he has recently started to tell me stories of sexual conquests and such, yesterday he admitted that he was a house nudist(I became so appalled at this declaration that he started backpeddling), sent me a repulsive email at work about how he liked to give and receive massages and to watch out for "fun things" that like to swim upstream....I finnally meet the other roommate today(2/15) (yes all this is happening in 5 days)and not only did she confirm what a creep and pervert he is but told me of the many times she saw him walking around the house naked. He rents only to women and we think he is doing this as a way to get girlfriends and/or sex. I have started to avoid going home and lock myself in my bedroom at night and lock myself in the bathroom whenever I shower or need to use the toilet. I am stuck in a 3 month lease and I heard that I can break it in this type of sexual harrasement situation. I need to get away from this guy! I need some advice.
Get up and leave. Lease or no lease, not a chance in the world he'll legally come after you. Save all of those emails and make sure to get your roomates contact number so you can call her to testify if need be.

Old 03-01-2008, 04:02 PM

5,273 posts, read 14,545,143 times
Why are you even still there?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting