Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2017, 05:18 AM

708 posts, read 578,148 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairMindedLL View Post
If you're squealing about a $300 non-refundable pet deposit and monthly pet rent, why would you pay $500 for a pure bred dog? Our local no-kill shelter adopts out cats for $20 and dogs for $25, I'll bet your local shelter is similar. Get a rescue for significantly less and save your money for the pet deposit that I suspect you will probably need.

I don't get that either. At one time, even FEMA got some of their dogs from local shelters, then trained them for search and rescue. Are you in a low income complex?

Old 01-27-2017, 08:03 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,221,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
With Both my Service Dogs dying recently. My Health Problems ... I don't flee like I can Properly Train another SD. I Want to get a Cat! So Today I went to talk to my Apt Mgr & Got No where on understanding the Rules for Companion Animals vs Pets. When & what Training does a Pet become an Companion?

Ne = Need.
OP I am so sorry....Your post on the 17th was about how to introduce a shelter cat to your dog....So sorry that you lost your dog so recently.

I would get your dog first, then introduce a kitten. I have had kittens and dogs with absolutely no problems. The only thing that was slightly negative was when my dog died at 16+ my cats, one of which had been introduced to my dog as a kitten, never did start to love my current dog....just to tolerate her.

My other cat Murry adored my current dog on site....And they are still buds. I sadly recently lost my other cat, Abby. I have no plans to get another cat, Murry loves dogs, but I am positive he would never accept a strange cat or kitten.

Old 01-27-2017, 08:34 AM

19,437 posts, read 27,844,220 times
Quote:
Fairminded... I Known Trainers that Take Pound dogs & Train them! Only 1 Dog in 10 Makes a Service Dog. I Don't have $3000 to hand a LL + $1000 to get them from the pound! Small Dogs are either to Old or Snatched up. The Wait list for small dogs is Long like Years!
Katie, I know you have issues and I don't mean to be rude, but this is utter BS.

The LL is not looking for three grand. It's three hundred, which is reasonable. The pound is (probably) asking for one hundred dollars, not one thousand. Given that this includes a chip, spaying and possibly other vet care, that's not only reasonable, it's cheap.

You want a small dog. Yes, they do get adopted more quickly. I don't think you're working, so you've got plenty of time to hop down to the shelters as quickly as needed.

And rescue groups for small dogs are EVERYWHERE. They have dogs for adoption all the time. I volunteer to do transport for a small dog rescue (www.baldisbeautifuldogrescue.org)
. We adopt out an average of five dogs a month and still have others available.

Find adoptable dogs here.
This link is to pet finder. You can search for many parameters including breed, gender, location and age.

But at the beginning of this thread, you were getting a cat. Pet finders or the pound should be your resources.

Old 01-27-2017, 08:38 AM

32,650 posts, read 48,053,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyDrew1 View Post
.........companion aka comfort animal is. ........
A companion animal is not AKA a comfort animal. Those two are completely differnt things and the laws for each are completely different.

Old 01-27-2017, 11:18 AM

13,927 posts, read 39,302,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
Katie, I know you have issues and I don't mean to be rude, but this is utter BS.

The LL is not looking for three grand. It's three hundred, which is reasonable. The pound is (probably) asking for one hundred dollars, not one thousand. Given that this includes a chip, spaying and possibly other vet care, that's not only reasonable, it's cheap.

You want a small dog. Yes, they do get adopted more quickly. I don't think you're working, so you've got plenty of time to hop down to the shelters as quickly as needed.

And rescue groups for small dogs are EVERYWHERE. They have dogs for adoption all the time. I volunteer to do transport for a small dog rescue (Welcome)
. We adopt out an average of five dogs a month and still have others available.

Find adoptable dogs here.
This link is to pet finder. You can search for many parameters including breed, gender, location and age.

But at the beginning of this thread, you were getting a cat. Pet finders or the pound should be your resources.
Guess you don't know How to Read or Do Math. So I try again ....
Dog from Local HS.... $115 which Only covers Spay
Vet Cost to my Vet .... $150 UD Shots Worming Blood work Rabies & HWMeds [didn't add this earlier]
Money to LL ......$300
Now Do this times 10! Cause the adv of finding a Trainable No baggage dog is 1 in 10... I betting it be at least 10 or more!
BTW How many SD have You Trained? this will be my 6th but only 1 was a Failure. So even Purebreds don't make the cut!

Old 01-27-2017, 04:32 PM

472 posts, read 474,013 times
Quote:
Guess you don't know How to Read or Do Math.
This is ironically funny

Old 01-27-2017, 05:35 PM

10,746 posts, read 26,026,661 times
Quote:
Guess you don't know How to Read or Do Math. So I try again ....
Dog from Local HS.... $115 which Only covers Spay
Vet Cost to my Vet .... $150 UD Shots Worming Blood work Rabies & HWMeds [didn't add this earlier]
Money to LL ......$300
Now Do this times 10! Cause the adv of finding a Trainable No baggage dog is 1 in 10... I betting it be at least 10 or more!
BTW How many SD have You Trained? this will be my 6th but only 1 was a Failure. So even Purebreds don't make the cut!
Instead of being nasty, which isn't adding anything to this thread, why don't you take your time when writing your posts? Check for errors, correct them and use complete thoughts and sentences. Just a thought.

Old 01-28-2017, 09:43 AM

19,437 posts, read 27,844,220 times
Quote:
With Both my Service Dogs dying recently. My Health Problems ... I don't flee like I can Properly Train another SD. I Want to get a Cat! So Today I went to talk to my Apt Mgr & Got No where on understanding the Rules for Companion Animals vs Pets. When & what Training does a Pet become an Companion?

Ne = Need.
Are you wanting to get a cat? A puppy to train as a service dog? A 'certified' companion animal? Do you have the money to pay for a dog from a breeder? (Which I still say is a waste of money, especially with your limited finances.)

Katie, you're all over the place. Get a grip. Your current LL does NOT have to accommodate you getting a puppy to train as a potential SD. Your prior LL was a saint, we get it. This one is a normal business person who is protecting his investment.

Old 01-28-2017, 11:29 AM

Jkgourmet......Not all over the place Things Changed in a Blink of an Eye! When I started the Cat search My Trained 5+ years old SD was alive & Well! 9 Days ago she DEAD! I am still waiting for Test results to come back as to Why she died. After talking with the Apt Mgr & HUD Director & the information on this thread... sure things change again. I also have a Drs appt on Wed... so I am sure things will be clearer. ALL this information has been Posted to this thread. As for a Pound Dog or one from a Breeder Several people inc me have explained this over & over again... not sure what part you don't understand. Breeders Don't just sell Pups! They also look for homes for older pups that don't for some reason make it in the show ring. Dogs that don't take when bred or even with all the testing still pass some thing on to the pups. My understanding the Aussie I mentioned is a Herding dog that wont herd... Like a hunting dog that's gun shy. Will I get her I Don't know for one she is 6 hour drive one way from my home. So I never met her to know what she can do. Heck she may take one look at my scooter & run for the hills! The owner says she been around wheelchairs ... not scooters... so I figure she worth a look.

Old 02-01-2017, 02:48 PM

Back from my Dr Appt. No I can Not get a "companion" .... Has to be a Service Dog. No Cat No Bird No Ferret No Rodent LOL A Dog! I going to pick up Joey the Mini Assie on Sunday...depending on this snow that coming at me! Her current owner is going to meet us & save me 100/200 miles of driving. Still going to be a Long drive for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting