Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2017, 04:19 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 5 days ago)

35,622 posts, read 17,953,728 times

Advertisements

I'm not quite sure why you've come back to CD and changed up who you are in this story, but it sounds like you've worked things out and are ready to go to court.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2017, 05:31 PM

525 posts, read 660,312 times
Go to court. But I will say that in my past as a sub-letting renter in a co-leased apartment, I paid my security deposit to the renter who was leaving, and got mine back from the one who took my spot. Land-lord didn't have anything to do with it.

Old 05-11-2017, 09:11 AM

11 posts, read 5,894 times
Breaking news.
Last night the attorney/co-tenant texted my mother and now claims he was more or less acting as an agent for the Co-tenant who left and HE (the vacated co-tenant) was reassigning his co-tenancy to my daughter, therefore she is on the lease.

The original lease clearly states NO sublet or reassigning or advertizing without the written permission of the landlord.
In CA you can not "reassign" or sublet if the lease clearly states you can't, which it does.

So in his wisdom he attorney/co-tenant "as an agent for the the vacated co-tenant is not responsible for anything.

So let me think about this....He (attorney co-tenant) knowingly enters his vacated roommate into an agreement that he knows will break his lease
because it is strictly forbidden by the lease.

What is even more remarkable is, he doesn't see his statement: "that you will be "on the lease" and a hard copy amended lease will be returned to you." (i.e. amended by the landlord)." (a promise he has no intention of ever keeping) as an enticement to enter into an illegal (reassigned) sublet as fraud or deception.

I just don't get it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting