Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2019, 11:24 AM

325 posts, read 163,448 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by verybadgnome View Post
This thread reminds me of the person who was demanding a bidet in their apartment. I'm trying to figure what the next one will be: mandatory wine refrigerators, robotic vacuums or activated pet doors?
all of the above!!! just so that they can ***** about rent increases
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2019, 11:43 PM

8 posts, read 13,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieFan View Post
Do you have pet hair/dander allergies? Your reaction sounds like a mild allergic reaction. Possibly the previous tenant had pets (maybe authorized, maybe not).

If you have pet allergies, you could talk to the LL about how you're feeling. Ask if there were pets in the apartment previously, and ask if the carpet could be shampooed. If they won't shampoo it for you, rent a shampooer and shampoo it yourself. If that doesn't work, then consider an air purifier.
It really can be an allergy to animals that lived in the apartment before you (the animals of the owner or previous residents). But also allergies can be caused by high humidity in the apartment, as well as incipient mold.
I understand that we are never prepared for unexpected expenses, but I would advise you to buy your own air purifier. Recently, I recently met an air purifier for pet owners on the Internet. I know that you don’t have any pets, but I think it’s better to purify the air than an ordinary air purifier if you are very concerned about this problem.

And yes, it's time for spring cleaning. Perhaps it’s best to call a cleaning service.

Old 10-28-2019, 01:46 AM

8 posts, read 13,656 times
I wanted to add about my experience as an air purifier, but I can’t edit the previous message. I apologize for the second message.

I wrote that I met an air purifier for pet owners and my husband and I ordered one of the cheapest. And now our first Philips Air Purifier 1000 (ordered on Amazon) has recently arrived. So far we haven’t felt much difference, but I think the air quality will get better over time.
Maybe we should don’t believe the review https://houseweather.org/best-air-purifier-for-pets/ , here he was among the top ten...

Someone can express their opinion on this topic, in addition to the one we are discussing here.

Old 10-28-2019, 09:02 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,735,298 times
In most states, if there is a mold problem, the LL must fix it. OP, if this is an older building, yours is likely not the only unit affected. If that's the case, DIY measures like just cleaning your own apartment won't work over the long run.

I'd go the attorney/mold inspector route, myself. Your money or your life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting