Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2019, 11:14 AM

10,351 posts, read 8,574,670 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
In this case they had 24 Hours! I Complained for over 4 Months about the problem to LL with No one even trying to fix it. ALL my complaints were in Writing. I even had a Recording of me talking to the LL... who never followed up! As I am on SSD home 24/7 its not like I wouldn't know when maintance was here.

There have been other items they let go since I didn't care. Like torn patio door screen... I dont use the door screen I didn't even notice it was torn. As I told HUD when door open dogs come & go IF the Screen is close they just as likely to just go thru it LL did fix it a few months After the inspection I just make sure it is Always open
Well in your case it sounds like it was all on the landlord.
As far as the torn screen door as a landlord I would be looking at why it was torn. Normal wear and tear or was the tenant responsible?
I had one tenant that argued she shouldn’t have to pay for a broken window. I told her that had her dog not jumped into it it wouldn’t be broken. Not only that her lease didn’t allow pets.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2019, 11:23 AM

13,928 posts, read 39,306,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aslowdodge View Post
Well in your case it sounds like it was all on the landlord.
As far as the torn screen door as a landlord I would be looking at why it was torn. Normal wear and tear or was the tenant responsible?
I had one tenant that argued she shouldn’t have to pay for a broken window. I told her that had her dog not jumped into it it wouldn’t be broken. Not only that her lease didn’t allow pets.
Was Not ME! Tenant before me said was torn when she moved in & She reported it several times in the year she lived in apt.... she moved from 2 bedroom into 1 bedroom then moved out of state next year. The people before her had 3 declawed cats were here 4 years. They too said was torn when they moved in. Tear was in the top. Inspector didn't notice it during pre move in inspection BUT the following year he spotted it! No HUD inspection for other tenants they paid Full Rent.

Old 12-12-2019, 02:13 PM

1,185 posts, read 751,390 times
Quote:
Cute Trick Income from SSD $700 per month Rent 2 bedroom $850 per month are YOU For REAL???

Paying full rent has Nothing to do with upkeep! Tenants here that pay full rent still complain about the poor upkeep! 15+ years of leaking roofs they Finally replaced them last month! 2 years of linking pipes & other plumbing problems WE tenants get told need Regulators pressure TOO High HUH?? Funny most of us lived her for 10+ years.... plumbing problems started 2 years ago.... mine stared 6 months ago After the Holidays I reporting to Health Dept & HUD! Flushing commode with bucket gets old esp with bad back!
100% for real - why does a single person on SSDI need a 2BR?

When you live in HUD properties, you get what YOU pay for - that "stress" is what you pay to have the rest of society subsidize your life.

Old 12-12-2019, 05:32 PM

7,139 posts, read 4,546,769 times
El, you are not acting very compassionate. Did it ever occur to you that someone has disabilities that prevents them from working. She probably has kids if she is in a 2 bedroom. Not everyone lives a charmed life.

Old 12-12-2019, 07:03 PM

2 posts, read 1,013 times
Thanks for everybody's replies. Apparently this is not as unusual as I thought. I'm going to check my lease and maybe ask them to postpone the commitment.

Old 12-12-2019, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Chingaso View Post
100% for real - why does a single person on SSDI need a 2BR?

When you live in HUD properties, you get what YOU pay for - that "stress" is what you pay to have the rest of society subsidize your life.
NOT HUD Property!! & IF you paid any attention when you read my posts You know I have a Son that lives with me! Maybe you need to STOP Stalking me!

Old 12-13-2019, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
El, you are not acting very compassionate. Did it ever occur to you that someone has disabilities that prevents them from working. She probably has kids if she is in a 2 bedroom. Not everyone lives a charmed life.
The son is a grown adult. The complaint was about the “stress” of waiting for an approval for essentially free housing.

That “stress” is the expense. Nothing charmed about it. Live in HUD subsidized housing and this is the price of admission.

Old 12-13-2019, 07:25 AM

Quote:
NOT HUD Property!! & IF you paid any attention when you read my posts You know I have a Son that lives with me! Maybe you need to STOP Stalking me!
Maybe you need to accept that waiting for the bureaucrats and slumlords to check their boxes is your cost for living for free.

Old 12-13-2019, 10:20 AM

NOT Slumlord just PI$$ Poor mgr. Since this place been sold a few years ago we get New Mgr every other month. They suppose to be here Tuesday & Thursday 9am to 1 pm 90% of the time NO Shows! So as I said Learn to READ the Whole post!

Old 12-13-2019, 11:51 AM

Quote:
NOT Slumlord just PI$$ Poor mgr. Since this place been sold a few years ago we get New Mgr every other month. They suppose to be here Tuesday & Thursday 9am to 1 pm 90% of the time NO Shows! So as I said Learn to READ the Whole post!
Your gibberish is impossible to read. I stand by my opinion, your cost for free living is dealing with the “stress” of being at the mercy of others.

The rest of us feel the “stress” of having to earn our money.

You’ve got the time and internet for 18,000 posts - yet can’t work? That’s garbage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting