Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2022, 03:38 PM

3,365 posts, read 5,275,149 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by janet bubby View Post
Correction to the bolded, the extremely loud neighbor is the one who needs to live in the SFH, as does anyone who is unable or unwilling to control their noise. OP is doing nothing wrong.

The rest, yep.
Some people, like my wife and the OP, are much more sensitive to normal loving noise than others. If you can't handle other people's noise then you are the one who isn't suited to living in close proximity to others. Noise happens all day every day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2022, 09:29 AM

19,468 posts, read 28,012,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ Manager View Post
Some people, like my wife and the OP, are much more sensitive to normal loving noise than others. If you can't handle other people's noise then you are the one who isn't suited to living in close proximity to others. Noise happens all day every day.
I agree. I'm one of those sound sensitive people.

And some people can't help or don't realize they are loud when they talk. I'm married to one. We have a private signal when he is talking to loudly. We developed after I said "you're shouting" too many times. Understandably, he was offended. The signal works well for US.

Nothing helped when I lived in apts with 'noisy neighbors except moving and hoping for quiet neighbors.

Old 01-08-2022, 10:38 AM

349 posts, read 247,401 times
We don’t hear loud talking but are in a townhouse where the walls are thin. Neighbors next to us have little kids that stomp and scream a lot. At least it’s during the day and not late at night, but still annoying as I think the kids’ room shares a wall with my work-from-home office. We are counting down the days until we move out, as we are looking to buy our first home in the spring/summer. I’m over apartment living.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting