Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2009, 02:46 PM

8,411 posts, read 39,264,921 times

Advertisements

Does anyone else get a hair trigger for BS once they have been in a apt with bad neighbors?

I seriously do. Last night someone came in the building with friends and the friends were being loud.(there was an event) It woke me up with a bolt so there I am instantly p-ed off. Crazy hair and all I march right out in my pjs and tell them to shut up and scared the poor drunken friends out of thier mind...You know you look like a big piece of insane crap when men cower...lol

So tips to all..do you hair like you are absolutley insane and may stab someone..It will make whoever you request to shut up....shut up.
Giving them googley "ive been to prison" eyes may also fortify your effort.

And yes this is just a bit of humor* for those stuck in or removed from hell with a lease.
(*based on a true story all names and place have been changed to protect the privacy of the temporarily insane and drunken fools)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2009, 03:14 PM

3,863 posts, read 6,297,532 times
We weren't in an apartment, but yes, we've had neighbors from hell. The next, and last, time I move, I don't want to see another rooftop within two miles. I like your idea, however.....

Old 02-08-2009, 08:17 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,754,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt_transplant View Post
Does anyone else get a hair trigger for BS once they have been in a apt with bad neighbors?

I seriously do. Last night someone came in the building with friends and the friends were being loud.(there was an event) It woke me up with a bolt so there I am instantly p-ed off. Crazy hair and all I march right out in my pjs and tell them to shut up and scared the poor drunken friends out of thier mind...You know you look like a big piece of insane crap when men cower...lol

So tips to all..do you hair like you are absolutley insane and may stab someone..It will make whoever you request to shut up....shut up.

And yes this is just a bit of humor* for those stuck in or removed from hell with a lease.
(*based on a true story all names and place have been changed to protect the privacy of the temporarily insane and drunken fools)
Bullies are always scared of people who act as if they aren't scared of them...bullies are whiners them self and it is just an act so you approach is great and thanks for the tip....

Old 02-09-2009, 11:43 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,632,033 times
Ha! My roomates have called me every name under the sun (behind my back, of course) including 'wet blanket' 'prude' 'stuck up' 'LL from hell' etc etc. because I tell them to shut up and tell their friends to go home if they're loud past 10pm (thats where the noise ordinance starts in my town). I've called the cops on roomates friends before (imagine walking into your living room at 2 am to tell people to be quiet and seeing a bunch of people snorting coke on your living room table....) luckily, I've evicted those people and I'm left with three very nice, very respectable roomates. Although, last night I DID have to break up an overly ruckus game of Dungeons and Dragons at 11 pm

Old 02-14-2009, 01:02 AM

6,588 posts, read 17,552,477 times
Wow, JetJockey! I've never had that particular roommate experience, although there was one roommate who decided to vacuum at midnight once! That was bizarre.

On the other side of my living room wall, I've had neighbors who:

1. Play loud "boom boom" music at all hours of the day and night.
2. These same neighbors had lots of foot traffic, even at 2 am. I'm still convinced they were drug dealers, although I never could prove it.
3. Get into loud arguments and even fist fights (I called 911 once!).
4. Yell and scream at each other in Spanish (that's my current cross to bear, apparently). This in turn wakes the baby up, who joins in the crying and screaming...

I also can't wait to move.

Old 02-14-2009, 11:57 AM

Has the baby started crying in spanish yet?

Im just teasing you...But wouldn't that be funny if a kid learned spanish through the fighting neighbors screams? LOL

I think that would verfiy a problem is constant.

I hope you find a better place next year!

Old 02-14-2009, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Ha! My roomates have called me every name under the sun (behind my back, of course) including 'wet blanket' 'prude' 'stuck up' 'LL from hell' etc etc. because I tell them to shut up and tell their friends to go home if they're loud past 10pm (thats where the noise ordinance starts in my town). I've called the cops on roomates friends before (imagine walking into your living room at 2 am to tell people to be quiet and seeing a bunch of people snorting coke on your living room table....) luckily, I've evicted those people and I'm left with three very nice, very respectable roomates. Although, last night I DID have to break up an overly ruckus game of Dungeons and Dragons at 11 pm
Dude I cant believe you interrupted my coke line time! D you ! D you all to H!
LOL ;P

Oh god...I will never understand why people don't chill on the loud thing when doing illegal activities....

Old 02-15-2009, 06:40 PM

5,652 posts, read 19,353,293 times
Because they are HIGH and don't know WHAT they are doing...

OP: yes having a NFH (neighborfromhell) makes you very hair trigger. At least in apartments you can move. We own and have lived next to a thief/sociopath/liar for the past 16 years who has a personal jihad against us.

Old 02-16-2009, 09:37 PM

690 posts, read 2,108,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt_transplant View Post

Haha...that's funny. I actually did the same thing a couple weeks ago. A bunch of my drunken neighbors were out on their balcony area, being crazy loud, and I yelled at them from my building, which was kind of far. I had to yell at them, though, they wouldn't hear me otherwise. Anyway, it seemed to work, because they've been quiet ever since.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting