Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-06-2009, 02:27 PM

448 posts, read 1,459,279 times

Advertisements

My husband and I have inherited two properties in Kansas City that we would like to rent out. One is nearly ready to rent out, but before investing any money we would like to know what we can rent them for.

We've looked in the local paper, Craigslist, and at several online sites with rental listings. However we are having trouble finding somethine comparable.

Any suggestions on resources that would be helpful in setting a fair monthly rental price.

Thank you in advance for your help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2009, 02:37 PM

51,691 posts, read 15,700,004 times
Alittle more info would be nice...........how many bedrooms/bath are we talking about and are any of the utilities included?

Old 09-06-2009, 03:29 PM

17,427 posts, read 14,663,580 times
You might try contacting a local real estate agent who's familiar with investment properties.

Old 09-06-2009, 03:53 PM

2,560 posts, read 6,505,643 times
I'll echo Chuckity, but also be more specific that you should talk to a Property Manager in that area. I did a quick search at the NARPM website, NARPM : Search for Property Managers : Find a Property Manager and found 2 that are NARPM members. Not only will they be able to help you properly price your rental home, they will also be able to help you arrange for handling the repair work that needs to be done. I'm not sure how far away from KC you are, but if you're out of town, then I would HIGHLY suggest you hire a property management company to handle things for you. Of course, I'm a tad biased on this topic.

Old 09-06-2009, 06:54 PM

1,715 posts, read 4,779,816 times
I would only use to get a ballpark price a place to start

Rentometer: Get House and Apartment Rental Comps by Entering an Address

US Apartments & Houses Rent Comparison, Neighborhood Rent Maps

HotPads - Map Search for Real Estate, Apartments & Houses for Rent, Foreclosures and Homes for Sale

Cyberhomes.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting