Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2010, 11:11 AM

4 posts, read 8,510 times

Advertisements

To answer your question, I am renting. Why did I choose this complex because of the area it self. Any tips, u might suggest
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2010, 12:47 PM

28,115 posts, read 63,775,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by safe123456789 View Post
To answer your question, I am renting. Why did I choose this complex because of the area it self. Any tips, u might suggest
You're in luck since you choose the building for it's location and that won't change...

Old 01-18-2010, 07:05 PM

1,222 posts, read 3,835,545 times
I live in a similar complex. I moved in last June 09 knowing it was a so so neighborhood, and that the complex was crime ridden. I messed up my credit, therefore this is the price I had to pay and I have learned from this. I have had nothing but trouble in the way of loud music, vibrating floors all hours, and this is from my neighbor under me on the second floor. I also dealt with harassment verbally and finally I was sexually assaulted in the hallway, by way of this neighbor grabbing me. I of course called the cops, and after that I have not heard anything from down there, as I am sure he knows he could be prosecuted. I finally asked the manager for a transfer and will be transferred to another building in the complex. Besides this, I have neighbors who slam doors, yell, and last week thenext door neighbor assaulted a guy with a hammer and the cops and the ambulance were here. I am trying to clear up my credit, so that I can eventually move to a better complex. Until then, it is better than being homeless.

Old 01-18-2010, 07:10 PM

1,222 posts, read 3,835,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kodaka View Post
It may not appear as a judgement on your credit report.

A few years ago I ended up with a warrant and court fees on my credit report over a traffic ticket. The court had bungled my address so badly that I never received any of the notifications that there was a court proceeding involving me. The warrant was issued and the collection of court fees was turned over to a collection agency.

It was only because I checked my credit report and found a debt owed to an entity I'd never heard of that I learned about all of this. I contacted the collection agency, got the name and phone number of the judge overseeing the case, and called them. I asked for copies of the letters they'd sent to me, and when I received those copies, I pointed out all of the errors in my address--they had my name wrong (middle name, last name, first name--instead of the way it should have been), my street name was wrong, my apartment number was wrong, my city was misspelled, they didn't use the USPS state abbreviation, and the zip code was missing a number. The judge dismissed the court fees and the warrant against me.

My point is, the landlord could have gone to court without you knowing about it, and if a judgment was made against you, it may not appear as anything different than a debt to a collection agency.

As far as having a right to a roof over your head, well that could be disputed. You aren't going to accomplish anything by expressing anger or attitude. A landlord has a right to run a profitable business.
This is actually going to appear as a public record judgement as an unlawful detainer or some other term. It will most likely be in your credit also, naming the management company. I lived in an apt for fifteen years and lost my job, got so scared of being evicted and did not understand the process, that I let it go and now I am having a lot of problems finding a decent and safe place to live, as I said in an earlier post. I am trying to find a way to work this out with the creditor. I owe an amount of $1500. You can get one free credit report a year from Experian. My eviction is still on there from two years ago, but the public record says now, case dismissed, so I am confused.

Old 10-04-2010, 07:20 PM

ive have been back and forth to court, for a while now. the apparrences was funny as hell. the lanlords lawyer, was unable to show my lawyer a sign copy of the lease, plus the landlords attorey told us the total amount due was way less then what we add up. my attorey and i just looked at each other in amzement. then to make matters worse the lawyer said " if a apartment is rentstablized there is no need for a lease to be sign after 90 days, it automacticly in forced. please stay tuned.

Old 10-05-2010, 05:55 AM

10,746 posts, read 26,077,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by safe123456789 View Post
just moved in my apartment paied all fees, which enclued brokers fee first and last months rent. however my lease still is not sign. plus ive just found out this buliden is rent stablized.

Why aren't you talking to the broker and or landlord and asking them these questions?

Old 10-08-2010, 06:08 PM

the borker says he did his part as far as providing a lease. the land lord never want me to move in the first place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting