Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2010, 04:31 AM

5,047 posts, read 5,805,176 times

Advertisements

well the latest update is that the tenant that I brought to court and had two days to pay her back rent ; she mailed it to me ; at the wrong address. So eventually I got it on May 17th ; it was mailed on april 28th. The money order was dated April 28th.

She had gone to the court saying that I still wanted to evict her(which I really do) but that I cannot as she paid her rent and that I had the money(didnt have it as see above). So Now I go back to court today for the third time and tell the judge I got the rent on monday which was 3 weeks late. The best thing I can do now is wait til august when her papers have to be signed and not sign them for the county. Then she cannot afford the house and will be out. She cannot even pay the $128 a month now ; and of course this month is late again,

The kicker is that yesterday she called to say the kitchen sink was backed up. i was there within the hour and my gosh it was full of crap ; hair, you name it I took it out. Today the plumber has to come and take apart the pipes and flush them out.

This was after I had the cesspool drained!! Because she was saying the smell was from the cesspool ; it was from the kitchen sink. The woman dosnt heven have a shower curtain on the shower and wonders why the bath floor gets wet!!

Can make this up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2010, 04:40 AM

2,256 posts, read 6,957,974 times
Wow, did I read that right...$128 a month is what you are charging?

Old 05-19-2010, 04:55 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,710,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgt04 View Post
Wow, did I read that right...$128 a month is what you are charging?
The tenant is on Section 8 and the $128 is what she is personally responsible for - and can never pay!

okaydorothy, I do hope you're soon out of this mess and that the judge walks all over this woman in court today so she'll be out sooner than later!

PS: It would be more comprehensible if you continued the original post rather than creating new threads with updates ...

Old 05-19-2010, 05:35 AM

5,047 posts, read 5,805,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
The tenant is on Section 8 and the $128 is what she is personally responsible for - and can never pay!

okaydorothy, I do hope you're soon out of this mess and that the judge walks all over this woman in court today so she'll be out sooner than later!

PS: It would be more comprehensible if you continued the original post rather than creating new threads with updates ...

I will try to do that in future.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting