Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2014, 02:40 PM

10,420 posts, read 14,624,150 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCc girl View Post
HIW, do you have a hair dryer or a heat gun?

I hope you have those pee pads for the babies.
No, no hair dryer or heat gun. I think the door has pulled from the hinge at the bottom.

One dog can go out. The oldtimer is using the carpet in the living room. That's OK; I can always have carpet cleaned. I'm still recovering from my hip replacements and have muscle problems as far as endurance is concerned so I have trouble shoveling and real trouble trying to pick him up.

I'm trying to get hold of a man who fixes things as I don't.

Old 02-25-2014, 02:57 PM

7,572 posts, read 9,031,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newenglandgirl View Post
Chickens and steer, as well as fish, are smart too.
Always a wise guy~~~~~

Old 02-25-2014, 04:21 PM

8,091 posts, read 15,451,623 times
Umbria and anifani821, I hope you enjoy the show as much as I did. I'm always nervous/leery of recommending stuff

And I'm a carnivore.
Bambi, Rudolph, Wilbur, Henny-Penny, Daffy, Yogi, Clarabelle, Kaa, Tick-Tock, Thumper, Kermit, Flipper, Jabberjaw ... I don't discriminate ...

Old 02-25-2014, 05:01 PM

5,333 posts, read 6,034,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandalara View Post
Umbria and anifani821, I hope you enjoy the show as much as I did. I'm always nervous/leery of recommending stuff

And I'm a carnivore.
Bambi, Rudolph, Wilbur, Henny-Penny, Daffy, Yogi, Clarabelle, Kaa, Tick-Tock, Thumper, Kermit, Flipper, Jabberjaw ... I don't discriminate ...
Oh, no! Lassie ?

Old 02-25-2014, 05:31 PM

16,042 posts, read 21,993,124 times
This very important issue has been brought up before, but it bears bringing up again (I'm also posting this in the Retirement-Medicare thread in case it's missed there):

How to Avoid the Two Words that Cost Thousands in Medicare Bills - NBC News

Old 02-25-2014, 05:54 PM

Last edited by Gandalara; 02-25-2014 at 05:57 PM.. Reason: CD double posted so I deleted this one.

Old 02-25-2014, 05:56 PM

Quote:

And I'm a carnivore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lenora View Post
Oh, no! Lassie ?
Well, I've bought from food vendors down in Tijuana - so I don't know.
And I never found out what that mystery meat was in Berlin.

Kidding, kidding ...

Old 02-25-2014, 08:29 PM

1,484 posts, read 1,381,588 times
Quote:
'grandfather's advice about raising animals and not children'

LOL
When I was about 7-8, my grandfather told me to raise animals and not children. The context of the conversation has been lost to time.

Went to see my son today. He should be home by Sunday, barring any setbacks.

Old 02-26-2014, 06:02 AM

8,612 posts, read 10,780,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy in Wyoming View Post
No, no hair dryer or heat gun. I think the door has pulled from the hinge at the bottom.

One dog can go out. The oldtimer is using the carpet in the living room. That's OK; I can always have carpet cleaned. I'm still recovering from my hip replacements and have muscle problems as far as endurance is concerned so I have trouble shoveling and real trouble trying to pick him up.

I'm trying to get hold of a man who fixes things as I don't.
Shop light? Desk lamp?

When did you have your hips done?

Feel better and I hope you get that door fixed soon.

Quote:

And I'm a carnivore.
LOL show me the meat, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newenglandgirl View Post
This very important issue has been brought up before, but it bears bringing up again (I'm also posting this in the Retirement-Medicare thread in case it's missed there):

How to Avoid the Two Words that Cost Thousands in Medicare Bills - NBC News
'Medicare pays for rehab only for people admitted to a hospital for three or more days as “inpatients.” Medicare will not pay for rehab if they were classified as “observation status” when they received treatment at the hospital.'

This has become all the rage lately and I don't know why. A bean counters game for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJW50 View Post
When I was about 7-8, my grandfather told me to raise animals and not children. The context of the conversation has been lost to time.

Went to see my son today. He should be home by Sunday, barring any setbacks.
Enjoy your son, safe and happy landings.

Well, for all the gloom and doom forecasting high winds and colder temps we are blessed today with warmer temps and no wind. We did have a dusting of snow. I was concerned that the horses would have to stay in today because of the wind but it looks like the sun will be out, nice and strong, so out they go.

Old 02-26-2014, 08:01 AM

10,420 posts, read 14,624,150 times
Quote:
Shop light? Desk lamp?

When did you have your hips done?
It was apparently a lump of ice and the heat escaping around the door melted it.

It's almost four months since the second hip but I was off my feet even before the first; it's taking time to become whole again. That's why I have been so adamant in your husband's case.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement