Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2012, 05:01 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,462,837 times

Advertisements

For the record, I almost always accompany my wife when she shops. I have a good sense of what she wants and can usually find it faster than she can. Thankfully, she trusts my judgment.

What I get a kick out of here in the boonies are the many times I see men sitting outside stores on benches while their wives are inside shopping. Even funnier are the many men I see at the grocery stores sitting in their pick-em-ups in the parking lot while their wives are inside buying the fixins for their meals. They don't even help them unload the carts into the trucks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2012, 05:01 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,687,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
It would appear, if I take to heart what I've been reading of late, that we mens is not highly thought of by a number of the wimmins here.

It would appear we male animals of the American persuasion, care more for cars than good health, tend to be alcoholics, inattentive, ungentlemanly, insensitive, in poor health, likely unhygienic, dress like thugs and slobs in retirement, are impotent, only want nurses, cooks and housemaids (French uniforms optional), not wives, aren't the least bit attracted to or interested in women our own ages and are lower on the food chain than males elsewhere.

I propose we have our own forum on which we can beat our chests, drag our knuckles, grunt unintelligibly, guzzle adult beverages, scratch, chew and spit, pass gas and snore with abandon as we wallow in yesteryear's fashions.

Did I miss anything?

What say you?
I see this forum is full of women nagging, I can hear that without my computer. Actually that's why I never wear the hearing aids the VA issued me

Old 05-05-2012, 05:44 PM

7,284 posts, read 12,920,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
I see this forum is full of women nagging, I can hear that without my computer. Actually that's why I never wear the hearing aids the VA issued me
When women speak it's "nagging." When men speak it is "profound wisdom."

Old 05-05-2012, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by imcurious View Post
Very good. You get it. Kudos!

Old 05-05-2012, 06:25 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,687,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imcurious View Post
In your own mind, I don't know how we could have a forum without this

Old 05-05-2012, 06:30 PM

7,284 posts, read 12,920,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
In your own mind, I don't know how we could have a forum without this
I have no idea what you're talking about . . .

Speaking of "irony deficiency" - I think you have a case.

Old 05-05-2012, 07:24 PM

1,448 posts, read 3,049,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy in Wyoming View Post
Do you know what he would select and head straight to that area of the shop in all types of stores (guns, auto and truck accesories, model and toy trains, coins, and rock and mineral shops alike) when you are accompanying him on one of his shopping trips?

In my book, a real woman is someone who pays attention to her husband, knows his likes and dislikes, understands what he considers important, and always tries her best to support his dreams.
Yes, I do. He does not go into any of the stores on your list, but I do know where to head when we are in Lowes, Home Depot, Staples, paint stores, Levi's, Timberland, North Face, 66° North, etc. And I do know where to find what he likes online and order them for him without his knowledge. In effect, I have selected every item of his clothing, from socks to ski jackets, from flip flops to hiking boots.

I also know what he would select from the menu of every Mexican, Thai, Chinese, Vietnamese, Italian, Japanese, German, Spanish, Hungary, Cajun, Creole, Gullah, and American restaurant we have visited/will visit, from appetizers to desserts.

And yes, I have supported his dreams, the same way he did mine.

Last edited by Ol' Wanderer; 05-05-2012 at 07:42 PM..

Old 05-06-2012, 12:11 AM

19,194 posts, read 16,675,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
I propose we have our own forum on which we can beat our chests, drag our knuckles, grunt unintelligibly, guzzle adult beverages, scratch, chew and spit, pass gas and snore with abandon as we wallow in yesteryear's fashions.

Did I miss anything?

What say you?

Old 05-06-2012, 06:24 AM

Second only to napalm!

Old 05-06-2012, 07:07 AM

16,042 posts, read 21,963,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post

I doubt CD would allow any postings of pics of real "she-women." It's a man's world.

And, I hope that isn't the best of what the male species has to offer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement