Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2015, 10:40 PM

29,391 posts, read 55,596,323 times

Advertisements

Authorities say a man living in a suburban Philadelphia assisted-living facility has lost his housing subsidy after officials found a prostitute underneath his bed.

Uri Monson tells The Intelligencer in Doylestown (http://bit.ly/1cpH33U) the man, believed to be in his 70s, paid prostitutes using profits earned from peddling alcohol to fellow residents.

Elderly Man With Prostitute Under Bed Loses Housing Subsidy - ABC News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2015, 06:28 AM

16,042 posts, read 21,971,957 times
I doubt the accuracy of this story. First of all, "assisted living" is a term for privately run, expensive housing with assistance. It is not an elderly subsidized apartment. Second, what "officials" would regularly come by and check dwellings, looking under beds and in cabinets? LOL. Third, if the story is true, what a guy!

Old 05-13-2015, 07:45 AM

12,858 posts, read 16,873,001 times
I'm sure the selling alcohol to other residents had nothing to do with him being tossed out. Bizarre story. I always thought there were monsters under the bed, not hookers?

Old 05-13-2015, 08:17 AM

2,159 posts, read 1,664,651 times
"The incident was reported Thursday after county commissioners authorized contract extensions with private facilities housing former residents of the closed county-owned assisted living facility."

This part was interesting and perhaps explains things a little better. I would like to know more about the "private facility".

I bet his housemates will miss him.

edited to say: I don't think he was selling liquor to his housemates, just going out to buy it because he was able and they, perhaps, were not.

I hope there is a process for his case to be reviewed.

Last edited by newcomputer; 05-13-2015 at 08:22 AM.. Reason: I kept thinking of something else

Old 05-13-2015, 11:08 AM

5,251 posts, read 3,609,565 times
I can only pray to god that I have somebody like that in my facility if I have to need help when I'm in my 70s-80s.

Old 05-13-2015, 11:16 AM

1,074 posts, read 1,797,396 times
I'll comment in a moment. First I just need to look under my bed.

Old 05-13-2015, 11:21 AM

2,682 posts, read 2,180,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
Authorities say a man living in a suburban Philadelphia assisted-living facility has lost his housing subsidy after officials found a prostitute underneath his bed.
The poor woman was obviously exhausted.

Old 05-13-2015, 11:38 AM

7,840 posts, read 9,200,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newenglandgirl View Post
I doubt the accuracy of this story. First of all, "assisted living" is a term for privately run, expensive housing with assistance. It is not an elderly subsidized apartment. Second, what "officials" would regularly come by and check dwellings, looking under beds and in cabinets? LOL. Third, if the story is true, what a guy!
I think this story was really botched. My interpretation:
  • The old guy was a resident of the county's assisted living center which was closed. Apparently, he was considered somehow impaired enough to qualify for assistance so he could move to the private facility.
  • The old guy was leaving the facility to go buy alcohol, which he was then re-selling to his fellow residents. He also was apparently enjoying the favors of a professional lady, probably paid for from the proceeds of his liquor business. Maybe some of the other residents were, too.
  • I'd guess that the AL staff was investigating how one or more residents acquired alcohol, somebody pointed a finger, and the old guy's room was being searched for illicit alcohol when the lady of the evening was discovered.
  • The investigation resulted in the county determining that the old guy was physically and mentally well enough to NOT require his life in the AL to be subsidized.

Old 05-13-2015, 11:38 AM

293 posts, read 909,763 times
I decided years ago to never look under my bed. I'm afraid of what I might find!

Old 05-13-2015, 06:31 PM

7,572 posts, read 9,020,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by garxhap View Post
I decided years ago to never look under my bed. I'm afraid of what I might find!
Dust bunnies~~~~~~
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement