Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2019, 08:56 AM

10,608 posts, read 5,735,916 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikabike View Post
Not really. My DH and I did that, as have many other retirees in our area. AFAIK, we are the only ones who actually shovel snow, though.
Us too. While our 150 foot concrete driveway is heated to melt snow & ice, the county snowplow buries the street area in front of our mailbox, so the US Post Office delivery employee will just drive by. He won't get out of his delivery vehicle under any circumstances; if he can't reach out his window to put the mail in the mailbox, he marks it "undeliverable" and returns it to sender.

So, every time it snows, I'm out with a beast of a snowblower clearing the street area blocked by the county snowplow.

I also need to snowblow around the hot tub, and snowblow the 1500 sf raised trex deck.

But we love snow, skiing and all winter sports. That's why our winter house is in Deer Valley.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2019, 09:38 AM

532 posts, read 452,492 times
I used to be more heat intolerant and my wife was cold intolerant.

In our advanced age (59 for me 54) for her we have switched places!

We currently live in the Alaskan Interior and this morning it's -30, she just took the dog for a walk and I'm in next to the wood stove reading CD.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement