Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2016, 05:19 PM

2,453 posts, read 3,609,639 times

Advertisements

I'm sure we've had a similar thread before but these moments keep happening. Here's my latest.

I got a notification from the library that a couple of books I had requested were now on the hold shelf for me. I went to the library, chatted with an old friend I saw there, looked around the bestseller tables, and hunted in the stacks for some books by an author I like. I checked out my selections, went home, and then realized I hadn't picked up the books that were on hold for me. That's why I was there! What the heck? I hate becoming a cliche.

What's yours?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2016, 05:39 PM

9,455 posts, read 12,554,277 times
Seems like a fairly severe Senior Moment. Or an ADD moment.

Mine tend to be on the level of forgetting where I put something or why I came into a room. These don't occur to often

Old 03-30-2016, 05:42 PM

7,050 posts, read 6,305,249 times
Gads, there are so many. Going to another room & forgetting why. My worst lately? Buying frozen shrimp, taking out enough to eat & forgetting the frozen ones in the seal a meal. Couldn't even watch as the cats ate my mistake.

Old 03-30-2016, 06:01 PM

1,322 posts, read 1,687,222 times
I stopped at the mail center to get my mail and was handed a package.

I went straight home and turned on my computer. About 5 minutes later a new email came through telling me that a package had just been delivered for me and I should come to get it.

So I drove back to the mail center to get the delivery. The owner of the mail center looked all over but couldn't find my package. He looked at the email that I received and was perplexed. That is when the teenage employee also looked at the email and pointed to the fact that the email had actually been sent 2 hours earlier and that I had already picked up the package the first time I was there.

Does that qualify as a senior moment?

Old 03-30-2016, 08:20 PM

2,453 posts, read 3,609,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LookingatFL View Post

I went straight home and turned on my computer. About 5 minutes later a new email came through telling me that a package had just been delivered for me and I should come to get it.

So I drove back to the mail center to get the delivery. The owner of the mail center looked all over but couldn't find my package. He looked at the email that I received and was perplexed. That is when the teenage employee also looked at the email and pointed to the fact that the email had actually been sent 2 hours earlier and that I had already picked up the package the first time I was there.

I'm feeling a lot better about mine after reading yours!

Old 03-30-2016, 09:29 PM

7,050 posts, read 6,305,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LookingatFL View Post

Yup.

Old 03-30-2016, 09:37 PM

18,813 posts, read 32,528,052 times
My senior moments involve losing my vocabulary when I want it. Altzheimers runs in my family, so it is probably related to that. I remember reading that people with large vocabularies do better because when they can't think of the word they want, they can at least use another one. Fortunately, I can still do that. But, it's frustrating when I can't recall the word I want.

Old 03-30-2016, 10:48 PM

44,635 posts, read 61,653,458 times
Senior moments are a right of passage when you get older and in many cases a blessing for excuses. My wife and I have senior moments on a daily basis. Fortunately not at the same time, therefore we can help each other remember. God forbid we both have one at the same time.

Old 03-30-2016, 11:00 PM

197 posts, read 209,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
Seems like a fairly severe Senior Moment. Or an ADD moment.

Mine tend to be on the level of forgetting where I put something or why I came into a room. These don't occur to often
"To" often or "too" often?

Old 03-31-2016, 05:51 AM

13,496 posts, read 18,203,340 times
I went to the ophthalmologist and was given a new glaucoma regimen, and told to come back for a test in two weeks. His assistant went to the desk and we made the appointment together,and I got a card. When I got home I wrote it on my desk calendar for the 21st.

So, two weeks late on the 21st, I show up and am informed that I am there on the wrong day, my appointment is for the 23rd. Duh...OK, I must have written it on my calendar for the wrong day. The assistant happens to show up, and confirms, "You know you are here on the wrong day, don't you?" Again, I do the obligatory, "Duh." On the 23rd I see her, we do the test, she says too bad about the 21st. I say OK, it's my fault. Now I have appt. to see the ophthalmologist early April.

The other day I took out the results of the new test, and decided to put them with the folder with the previous tests, so everything would be in one folder to take to the doctor.

I was surprised to find tucked in the folder the appointment card for the bungled test appointment.

The date on the card says the appt. is for the 21st!

How do you tell two young women probably less than half your age that they have had the senior moment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement