Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2016, 03:04 PM

1,042 posts, read 879,429 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
Hopefully, you learned a valuable lesson, which is not to put your business out to others. If you intend to continue bragging that your husband is on "hard core narcotics," then you should expect to be robbed.
I have never bragged about my husbands health problems . I DO brag that despite the pain and difficulties that he is determined to remain his awesome authentic self.

Anyway, I was just curious. When you post things like this do you honestly believe the impact of it is not negative?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2016, 04:51 PM

4,423 posts, read 7,386,262 times
Vicky, you shouldn't have to defend yourself. You've been through a horrendous ordeal and you deserve kindness and understanding. My brother-in-law is autistic. Hugs

Old 05-24-2016, 06:45 PM

37,962 posts, read 17,942,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homeonthelittlemountain View Post
This is mean spirited. I think the adage "a lack of compassion is as vulgar as an excess of tears" applies here.
At what point should one tell the truth?

Old 05-24-2016, 07:41 PM

1,458 posts, read 1,175,572 times
I'm so sorry you had to endure this. How scary! About the drugs, it's a safe bet if a bad person went into anybody's house and demanded they give them their drugs, most people could come up with something. Tell me who doesn't have something around...

I hope you have notified the insurance people and credit depts. and banks. That will get you safe again. (Maybe you said you did and I missed that?)

I wish you peace and safety from now on... and just ignore all those who are so mean-spirited they replied without caring.

Old 05-24-2016, 07:56 PM

35,196 posts, read 31,517,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vicky3vicky View Post
I have never bragged about my husbands health problems . I DO brag that despite the pain and difficulties that he is determined to remain his awesome authentic self.

Anyway, I was just curious. When you post things like this do you honestly believe the impact of it is not negative?
Of course the impact of being robbed is negative. I didn't read all the posts, but if you mention to folks your husband is in pain or whatever and on narcotics, that information might get passed around to narcotic addicts, who will rob you to get a fix, or around to someone that wants to sell these drugs on the street.

There are certain things in life you want to keep private and discreet - your husband being on pain medication that is highly valued on the street is one of them.

Old 05-24-2016, 09:35 PM

7,071 posts, read 6,344,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYgal2NC View Post
It never fails to amaze me how crude and rude some posters can be.

This poor lady and her family were brutalized only yesterday and some people(?) here can't do anything but criticize, belittle, chastise, etc.

This woman is in shock. It is clear that some of you have never experienced that. If I had a gun pointed at me and my family, I would tell them everything they wanted to know, and then some.

Good grief people. I'm pretty sure there is a heart in your body. Use it.

Do you even know she suffers from a health issue that may hinder her from the quick thinking all of you proclaim to have??

So much more I could say.
I can't remember how to post remarks to you.

Old 05-24-2016, 09:43 PM

7,488 posts, read 10,518,626 times
This really unnerved me. I'm so sorry for your suffering!

Would it have helped if your address was not listed anywhere -- phone book, car registration, pharmacy, doctor's office, etc? Because this is usually possible, even if you have a mortgage on the property. Please consider this, particularly if you move away, which I think is a good idea.

Resolve to protect your privacy going forward. Do not get mail at your home, nor any UPS or FedEx parcels. No deliveries by pharmacy or groceries. It may inconvenience you a bit, but bullet-proof privacy has its advantages.

Sincere wishes for a swift recovery from this trauma! For the rest of the seniors on this board, try to put yourself in the OPs position. You may not be on any drugs at all, or nothing the addicts would want. But home invasions are a fact of life today. Please give some thought to your privacy. What passed as 'normal' years ago, may not be wise today. Stop your home address from becoming known to all.

Old 05-24-2016, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
Hopefully, you learned a valuable lesson, which is not to put your business out to others. If you intend to continue bragging that your husband is on "hard core narcotics," then you should expect to be robbed.

It's probably best to move, better yet, move to a new town, so you aren't victims of future burglaries and robberies, since everyone knows you have your own private pharmacy, your home will be a constant target for anyone looking to "score."

Next time, you might not be so lucky.

When you move, you might want to keep your medical and healthcare issues private, you know, so you don't get robbed again.
What mean remarks. Just remember, what goes around, comes around.

Old 05-24-2016, 10:11 PM

Vicky, I am so sorry this happened to you and your family. There has been some helpful advice and I would like to add, if it's not a great imposition, getting your husband's medication on a daily basis and letting people know that, would decrease the chance of their coming again.

I know it would inconvenience me but...

You could also let it be known that your husband has improved and able to deal with the pain without narcotics. Yes, you would be lying but this is war now. US against drugs.

I hope you find comfort in the support you are getting from us cd folks.

Old 05-24-2016, 10:19 PM

6,368 posts, read 7,818,896 times
So sorry you have had to experience this, Vicky. There is so much evil in the world. It is getting more and more difficult to avoid. Thankfully you and DH were not physically harmed. The emotional injuries will take longer to heal. Peace and comfort to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement