Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2017, 04:39 PM

249 posts, read 266,977 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMKSarah View Post
Yes, CMarlin,

You are missing my age of 61 through 64 and the costs of an unintended, however, possible health issue to show itself i.e. heart, cancer, continued lack of the ability to use my hands (a inherited disease since puberty).

Please be specific as to what are MY concerns so that I may address your reasoning.
You believe ACA is being repealed with no replacement, is this is our disconnect. It is too early to fret over its demise with no replacement. Why do you believe one part (repeal) and not the second part (replace)?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2017, 04:39 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,259,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SportyandMisty View Post
Why can't you afford them for a few months? How much are you talking about?

First, the orange thing hasn't changed ACA. It is the same today as it was 2 weeks ago.

Second, are you REALLY complaining about a $20 premium???

It doesn't sound like it. It sounds like you pay $20. That doesn't sound like a problem at all.

Your question is valid, but again, NOTHING HAS CHANGED. Everyone agrees that Obamacare is too broke to fix. The replacement system has not been designed yet.

Insurance premiums, if just allocated based on total expenditures and total number of people, will need to be about $10,000 per year plus overhead. From your post, it sounds like that is way out of your league. You are not alone. The rest of us will subsidize you. There is no getting around that.
The cost is somewhere around 300. Given this is 30 percent of my income, and I still have bills and food and such, its major. The supplies are made for a select audience, and when you find the one which works, there is no looking around for something cheaper. There's also other products which you need to make them work longer or better, and those can run 30 dollars for a small can. And there is no not having them. That this began in my young adulthood has effected everything since since you *must* be able to get supplies and the right ones who work for you.

I spoke to the people with the policy and am going to send in the premium 20 a month and can order supplies without a doctors visit. This is the best possible situatuion. I haven't checked the procedures with medicare but will call and ask before the time. The last ACA policy had an amount you had to charge before it kicked in. I don't go to the doctor, just get supplies, so there was no chance. I do like this new policy and will be upset if its messed with.

Given that this started in my 20's and I did work for a short while, and no doubt would have done well with it if health hadn't happened, I wish it had been different. It wasn't and I don't mourn, but then there are too many who consider you a lesser being because you didn't get all the luck.

Old 01-27-2017, 05:44 PM

13,044 posts, read 13,867,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightbird47 View Post
I spoke to the people with the policy and am going to send in the premium 20 a month and can order supplies without a doctors visit. This is the best possible situatuion... I do like this new policy and will be upset if its messed with.
I'm glad it's going to work out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement