Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2017, 04:07 AM

6,587 posts, read 7,095,508 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by margaretBartle View Post
If you are a musician, or have music playing, this isn't for you. But if you are just hearing songs in your head, I discovered several decades ago that it is my subconcious telling me things.

Listen to the words. Try to figure out what they are telling you.

This started with a boyfriend I had once, and I kept hearing "You're playing with fire".

I was really sick about ten years ago. Right now, I can't remember the lyrics, but they told me things would be OK, and I'd live a long, happy life.

I remember I kept hearing "Something inside has died and I can't hide and I just can't change it." when I was needing to quit my soul-deadening, but very lucrative job.

So listen to the lyrics.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClQcUyhoxTg

So to extrapolate from your post here. I should listen to the lyrics of "Don't Fear the Reaper" for the hidden meaning that will be an answer to the questions in my life? Hmmmmmmm

Quote:
(Don't Fear) The Reaper
Blue Öyster Cult
All our times have come
Here but now they're gone
Seasons don't fear the reaper
Nor do the wind, the sun or the rain, we can be like they are
Come on baby, don't fear the reaper
Baby take my hand, don't fear the reaper
We'll be able to fly, don't fear the reaper
Baby I'm your man,
Valentine is done
Romeo and Juliet
Are together in eternity, Romeo and Juliet
40, 000 men and women everyday, Like Romeo and Juliet
40, 000 men and women everyday, Redefine happiness
Another 40, 000 coming everyday, We can be like they are
Baby take my hand, don't fear the reaper
We'll be able to fly, don't fear the reaper
Baby I'm your man
Love of two is one
Came the last night of sadness
And it was clear she couldn't go on
Then the door was open and the wind appeared
The candles blew then disappeared
The curtains flew then he appeared, saying don't be afraid
Come on baby, and she had no fear
And she ran to him, then they started to fly
They looked backward and said goodby, she had become like they are
She had taken his hand, she had become like they are
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2017, 12:28 PM

5,948 posts, read 5,117,063 times
I've been missing my two late sisters a lot past couple of days.

The song in my head is "I've Just Got To Get A Message To You"

Can't remember who sang it tho.

Everytime I step into the shower a different song takes over..... have no idea where it comes from but I sing it all through the shower.

Old 02-26-2017, 01:09 PM

10,101 posts, read 6,444,912 times
What really freaks me out is when I hear music in my head and immediately following that it starts playing on the radio or the television. That happens a lot!

Old 02-26-2017, 02:05 PM

997 posts, read 938,235 times
I don't have it all the time but I am in the message camp. I wasn't always aware of that.

I used to wonder about how I could have a full orchestra with all the instruments playing such complicated music in my head when I have less then zero musical ability. I am exceptionally bad at that and it is hereditary.

In the past it may have been the last song I heard or a catchy jingle, but now it is messages. I do have guidance and I know how to interpret. One subtle way is with the songs. Usually I wake up to a song playing and that is the message of the day.

I can also ask for a song which I just did. This is what I got...."With a Little Help from My Friends"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPMCqwmrmRA

I haven't heard that song in years and I never think of it.

The way I interpret is the repeating words or lyrics that stand out, and not usually the intended meaning of the song.

When I first started noticing, I would be hearing songs that were not in my recent jukebox. That seemed different, and it was.

Old 02-27-2017, 10:17 AM

1,217 posts, read 1,227,550 times
It happens to me all the time and usually I can switch songs by listening to something else. But then that one is there.

Sometime this week I woke up with a song from the 50's that my dad used to listen to. I have no Idea what triggered it because I haven't heard it for years.

It was "Standing on the Corner" (watching all the girls go by). It was only a couple lines at first, over and over so I looked it up to get the rest of the lyrics. Now I can replay most of it. The bad thing is, besides being a silly song, it's not going away.

Old 02-27-2017, 10:19 AM

20,160 posts, read 12,772,388 times
I just watched a Pink Floyd DVD and this line stuck in my head, the lunatic is in my head or something like that. I thought of this thread.

Old 02-27-2017, 11:26 AM

554 posts, read 746,001 times
... Bein' "a little-bit Country", I always hear Willie's "On th' Road Again" - especially while I'm driving. In th' shower, it's "A-wee-mo-weh, Ahhhh" from "The Lion Sleeps Tonight", which was a group's "signature" song that I played for, back in th' day. ...

I seem to "alternate" between Oldies and Classic Country ... Probably because those were the genres I played & practiced.

AH-hhh, the memories! ...

Old 02-28-2017, 12:21 PM

61 posts, read 45,686 times
FWIW, I usually only get this when I first wake up and when no one is talking to me. It seems to be a product of an idle mind as much as anything. I find once my day gets going, this issue vanishes.

Old 02-28-2017, 01:40 PM

153 posts, read 153,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYgal1542 View Post
I've been missing my two late sisters a lot past couple of days.

The song in my head is "I've Just Got To Get A Message To You"

Can't remember who sang it tho.

Everytime I step into the shower a different song takes over..... have no idea where it comes from but I sing it all through the shower.
Bee Gees

For me a simple phrase in a conversation will remind me of a song lyric and start it playing.

I also notice ANY background music while out and about.
Annoying and really hard to shut out. Although I don't mind Trader Joe's music tracks usually.

Old 02-28-2017, 03:59 PM

242 posts, read 231,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vision67 View Post
I'm wondering if I'm just weird.

I have a constant music track that always runs in the background in my head. It is mostly the popular music from my life starting with the 40s tunes that my mother always had playing on the radio and then the music from my era, mostly 50s through 80s.

Do any of you share this obsession?

If not, what programming do you hear when your environment is silent?

I have tinitis so I have a ringing in my left ear since I was 17......non-stop. I had a complete analysis but to no avail. I just "tune" it out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement