Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2017, 11:26 AM

9,150 posts, read 10,894,540 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
In USA. Do you sell as individual? I got a customer service with a foreign accent, so I didn't believe his answer. But I asked him to check and he confirmed he was right. I may have to call again. Crazy!
I would price my books differently.
Yes, I list as an individual. Rather than calling Amazon, why don't you try to list a book again and see what happens?

ETA: I just listed a book for real, and there is a $3.99 credit for shipping if it sells.

Last edited by jay5835; 08-12-2017 at 11:39 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2017, 12:39 PM

20,160 posts, read 12,760,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay5835 View Post
Yes, I list as an individual. Rather than calling Amazon, why don't you try to list a book again and see what happens?

ETA: I just listed a book for real, and there is a $3.99 credit for shipping if it sells.
I've haven't got paid yet. Where do you see this credit? Under what tab should I look?

Old 08-12-2017, 01:11 PM

7,488 posts, read 10,490,127 times
I just added some stuff yesterday -- new power tools out in the shop! Not ready to get rid of any tools yet!

Old 08-12-2017, 01:15 PM

564 posts, read 448,929 times
Good for the OP! we moved recently. Some of the stuff was still in the boxes we moved almost 20 years earlier! At that we gave away. Or sold lots of stuff. Surprisingly, we're not collectors of stuff. It just happens.

Old 08-12-2017, 01:24 PM

1,544 posts, read 1,700,099 times
I just went through my toiletries "go bag" and got rid of all the old make up, lotions and stuff. I feel like it was a real accomplishment!

Old 08-12-2017, 01:33 PM

4,188 posts, read 3,401,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
MaryleeII

https://www.etsy.com/listing/5270985...=sr_gallery_32

Heritage is the pattern I got back in early 60's. I have one plate left. Over the years many pieces were broken and lost in earthquakes. Back when I got married I was very Early American and now am not at all. But I am glad to have 1 plate left. Desert Rose goes back to 40's.

Pretttyyyyy!

I've been cutting down on my yarns and donating anything that needs to be handwashed or dry-cleaned. Some of it's nice, but not for me any more. Two bags full, so far.

Tossing a lot of worthless papers, but with dishes, most of the extras get stored in the garage. I collect interesting onesie-twosies.

Old 08-12-2017, 01:44 PM

10,897 posts, read 7,393,957 times
I'm moving back to the mainland next year. I didn't keep a lot when we moved here 12 years ago--no furniture, but some artwork and family mementos.

Moving back, I'm getting rid of even more. Nobody else in the family wants the family stuff, so I'm selling it on ebay.

I read Marie Kondo's book, "The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up: The Japanese Art of Decluttering and Organizing".
my favorite concept from the book: we keep things out of attachment to the past and fear of the future.

So I'm evaluating each item. Like, I'm looking at a green ceramic "bamboo" vase on my desk. I love the color, the design, the usefulness (it's full of pens and such). I want to keep it, but don't want to move it. I have faith that I will find something I like just as much in the future.

Old 08-12-2017, 02:01 PM

3,402 posts, read 3,576,183 times
Most of us have more than what we need to survive on a daily basis. You did the right thing. Good job!

Old 08-12-2017, 02:05 PM

5,097 posts, read 6,349,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steiconi View Post
I'm moving back to the mainland next year. I didn't keep a lot when we moved here 12 years ago--no furniture, but some artwork and family mementos.

Moving back, I'm getting rid of even more. Nobody else in the family wants the family stuff, so I'm selling it on ebay.

I read Marie Kondo's book, "The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up: The Japanese Art of Decluttering and Organizing".
my favorite concept from the book: we keep things out of attachment to the past and fear of the future.

So I'm evaluating each item. Like, I'm looking at a green ceramic "bamboo" vase on my desk. I love the color, the design, the usefulness (it's full of pens and such). I want to keep it, but don't want to move it. I have faith that I will find something I like just as much in the future.

I don't keep things for those reasons. I'm just too lazy to go through it and toss it. But I will have to as I have a year before I plan to move. Ugh!

Old 08-12-2017, 03:13 PM

20,160 posts, read 12,760,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
I've haven't got paid yet. Where do you see this credit? Under what tab should I look?
Jay, thank you for your pm. I finally called Amazon again regarding this. I got the same 'alien' accent, sounded like somebody from Mars, I'm guessing it was a foreign accent through a speech correction device, they gave me the same BS. I got fed up and demanded to talk to an American person because I couldn't understand him. When I finally got to this American person, he said my account settings was still in the business mode, not individual seller, that's why it was under free economy. He helped me changed the settings and put in a request to get a reimbursement for the $3.99 per book that I didn't get per the bad advice from the seller group. A win for the day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement