Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2017, 11:01 AM

5,950 posts, read 5,123,102 times

Advertisements

I wanted to say thank you to all the brave men and women who have served our country to protect it and all of us living here. I was never in the military. I seem to be drawn to watching the movies that show events of war...... WWII, Vietnam, Korea, Middle East. And the wars before them.

If it wasn't for all of you I probably would not be able to write this, talk openly about my opinions of what is going on in the world, vote for my candidate (even if they did lose), salute the flag, listen to the wonderful patriotic music. So many blessings, all because of what you did and sacrificed.

Also thank you to the canines who served so well to keep our military safe.

Thank you doesn't seem enough, but it's all I've got. I believe in God, so I send God's love and blessings to you all.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2017, 11:54 AM

30,526 posts, read 19,279,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYgal1542 View Post
I wanted to say thank you to all the brave men and women who have served our country to protect it and all of us living here. I was never in the military. I seem to be drawn to watching the movies that show events of war...... WWII, Vietnam, Korea, Middle East. And the wars before them.

If it wasn't for all of you I probably would not be able to write this, talk openly about my opinions of what is going on in the world, vote for my candidate (even if they did lose), salute the flag, listen to the wonderful patriotic music. So many blessings, all because of what you did and sacrificed.

Also thank you to the canines who served so well to keep our military safe.

Thank you doesn't seem enough, but it's all I've got. I believe in God, so I send God's love and blessings to you all.

I'll second that to my fellow vets. I've gotten nothing but respect for the young men and women in the military today.

Old 11-10-2017, 01:21 PM

7,448 posts, read 7,607,214 times
And Happy Birthday, United States Marine Corps. It was 242 years ago on November 10, 1775 that the Marine Corps was founded. I spent the first six years of my military career in the Marine Corps. Semper Fidelis.

Old 11-11-2017, 10:58 AM

37,497 posts, read 61,517,507 times
Thank you

Old 11-11-2017, 11:06 AM

15,895 posts, read 6,360,610 times
+1
Thanks dad, grandpa and everyone else who has served.

Old 11-11-2017, 11:49 AM

12,064 posts, read 10,299,839 times
Just got back from the local VFW ceremony. Love going.

Old 11-11-2017, 02:30 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,507,651 times
I spent the last week at Mayport Navy Base enjoying Jacksonville Beach FL and had the opportunity to see a lot of the young seamen who've decided to serve and I couldn't be more proud. What a great decision to serve, maybe for a single enlistment, maybe for a career. I have never regretted making the Army a career. I think it's a really good thing for all young men and women to experience - and a privilege to serve the country. All males in my immediate family served (4 yrs, 22 yrs, and 26 yrs - all Army)......that's a lot of combined years.....from Vietnam through Afghanistan.

Last edited by BucFan; 11-11-2017 at 03:15 PM..

Old 11-11-2017, 02:35 PM

2,123 posts, read 1,468,719 times
Thank you and God Bless our Vets for your service!

Old 11-11-2017, 05:02 PM

25,617 posts, read 17,360,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
I spent the last week at Mayport Navy Base enjoying Jacksonville Beach FL and had the opportunity to see a lot of the young seamen who've decided to serve and I couldn't be more proud. What a great decision to serve, maybe for a single enlistment, maybe for a career. I have never regretted making the Army a career. I think it's a really good thing for all young men and women to experience - and a privilege to serve the country. All males in my immediate family served (4 yrs, 22 yrs, and 26 yrs - all Army)......that's a lot of combined years.....from Vietnam through Afghanistan.

Well, OK. Thanks. But that ship is not a US ship.
It's Brazilian.

9 years active duty navy, 1962 - 1971.

Old 11-11-2017, 05:11 PM

6,359 posts, read 7,792,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
I spent the last week at Mayport Navy Base enjoying Jacksonville Beach...
Nice picture of the U27. But, a couple of things just didn't look "right". The "U27"? That doesn't fit any of the USN hull number schemes that I am aware of. Having been a "Black Shoe" Sailor, I noticed that there was nothing where the forward missile launch rails or gun should have been, nor nothing aft either. She sure has the beautiful, sweeping lines of a frigate. A quick Google search of "U27 ship" revealed that it is a Brazilian Midshipman training ship.

- - -

Oops. Listener2307 posted the same time I was writing this reply.

Moderator posts will always be Red and can only be discussed via Direct Message.
C-D Home page, TOS (Terms of Service), How to Search, FAQ's, Posting Guide
Moderator of Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Guns and Hunting, and Weather

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement