Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2017, 04:26 AM

4,280 posts, read 5,938,202 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
Is there any chance you are MI Roger Sr? And maybe MI Roger Jr's information has been mixed with yours? I'd get a copy of your free credit report and see. Look for annualcreditreport.com. There's lots of sites that will give you a free credit report for signing up for stuff you have to cancel, but the one I list is the correct free site...and yes, because it's not a .gov site it's confusing.
No, not the case. The co-mingling is due to being a co-signer on a couple of loans for the kids. Loans where I was confident I had enough control over the secured property to be certain they kept up their side of the bargain.

I will follow the advice to get an Equifax Credit Report and try again. A couple questions involved only me and my wife, and my answers to those were less than certainties as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2017, 08:25 AM

23,177 posts, read 12,223,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weichert View Post
Easier said than done. I requested a free credit report from Equifax today. They responded they could not send it online until I sent them a copy by regular mail of:

My drivers license
Social security card
Pay stubs for the current month
W2's
A utility bill
Copy of the deed to my house

Is this normal? Its the first time I've ever tried to get a free copy of my credit report.

The only thing I've bought in the past 10 years that I didn't pay cash for was a car 4 years ago and it was paid off last year.
Not in my experience. I order the reports and have them online within 30 seconds then save to pdf. Maybe they don't have enough information or credit history on file to be sure it belongs to you?

Old 09-11-2017, 08:37 AM

23,177 posts, read 12,223,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MI-Roger View Post
No, not the case. The co-mingling is due to being a co-signer on a couple of loans for the kids. Loans where I was confident I had enough control over the secured property to be certain they kept up their side of the bargain.

I will follow the advice to get an Equifax Credit Report and try again. A couple questions involved only me and my wife, and my answers to those were less than certainties as well.
So are you upset about all this? Just noting it as a curiosity? With all the identity theft that occurs it seems like people would be happy to hear they ask tough questions and err on the side of caution. It's not their fault you co-mingled your financial assets with others. It's not their fault you are so worried about trick questions that you dissect and argue over various interpretations. In my experience, they are not trying to trick you but to see if you can spot the real data from a bunch of phony data, and the phony data is not going to have any similarity with real data so that it can be confused.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement