Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2018, 05:18 AM

7,890 posts, read 11,408,992 times

Advertisements

I have an annuity with a life insurance feature built into it as well. I am curious what others have done with in a financial model to show the value/impact for both the life insurance and the annuity. The issue I face is how do I value either when they depend upon life expectancy and I want to model for normal life expectancy and both shorter and longer life under the various option for these two features as well as for the various annuity options such as single life, period certain, dual life etc.

Thanks in advance. I hope my question is clear if not ask.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2018, 06:10 AM

6,627 posts, read 7,342,677 times
There are calculators that try and factor in health questions so try one of these.
Your other choice is to add or subtract 5 years from the average and do your calculations, then subtract/add 10 years etc.

Old 01-05-2018, 07:07 AM

7,890 posts, read 11,408,992 times
Thanks, great ideas about how to handle it.

I need to call axa to make sure I understand how the contract changes with me shifting to an annuity. Currently I am taking the cash value as a monthly payment per the contract and keep my option open to convert to an annuity annually on my anniversary date for the contract.

One feature I like about the current monthly cash from the contract is I still have in place a significant death benefit to protect my wife in the traditional event of the male dying first.

I am not clear what happens in the switching to an annuity with the death benefit. Also this contract has what is called a guaranteed minimum income benefit. I am not clear if this benefit goes away if I convert to an annuity or does it act as a guaranteed minimum annuity payment level even if I die before the minimum income benefit is realized under the annuity option.

Not a question I am asking the forum just a note to self on what to ask about next discussion with axa. This forum has helped me realize this continuing life insurance feature, called a death benefit in my contract, is not the usual thing these contracts include so I already know this is different from a standard contract in at least this feature and that there maybe others, hence need to talk to axa.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement