Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2018, 05:53 PM

37,106 posts, read 41,267,704 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
You are WRONG.

If it's sugar it keeps flu away from me IF it ever starts to creep in. I'll bank on those sugar vials any day.

Beats formaldahyde and thermisol (I know I spelled wrong) and everything else in those solutions.
Any "Oscillo" that was originally in the starting substance has been diluted so much that the final homeopathic product contains none at all.

Details are in the links previously provided.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2018, 06:24 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,753,924 times
There is a whole major part of the world who use these remedies, the U.S. being the last on the list of countries. Wonder why that is.

As from the beginning you and I will agree to disagree on how we choose to prevent and heal illnesses.

Old 02-17-2018, 06:30 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,106,096 times
If you have symptoms of the flu an initial start is to get tested for FluA and FluB. The importance of early diagnosis should be noted. If positive you have the option to begin Tamiflu which can be helpful in shortening the length and intensity of the Flu. Rest, hydration and symptom control are key. Each person is different and will respond to a vast array of homeopathic and allopathic options. Do what works for you.

If you are craving a food, eat that food unless contraindicated by other reasons. All decisions about medicine should be reviewed between you and your doctor.

A very important point. If you have other illness. e.g. lung problems, diabetes, heart failure or have been in poor health you MUST take health status changes seriously. Do not delay being seen by a physician. This is also terribly important for children signs of shortness of breath should be a 911 call. Children should not be left alone during their illness and they should be checked on frequently. If your child has asthma or restrictive lung disease you should be in contact with your pediatrician at the 1st sign of any trouble.

Flu can be mild or serious and when it's serious it can kill. Don't quibble about this or that. Get treatment.

Old 02-17-2018, 06:36 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,753,924 times
Many people who have died, I've read, have had other health issues that added to their flu issues.

Old 02-17-2018, 06:39 PM

37,106 posts, read 41,267,704 times
Quote:
There is a whole major part of the world who use these remedies, the U.S. being the last on the list of countries. Wonder why that is.

As from the beginning you and I will agree to disagree on how we choose to prevent and heal illnesses.
That they are used in other parts of the world does not mean they do anything useful.

Quote:
Many people who have died, I've read, have had other health issues that added to their flu issues.
Many but not all. Flu also kills otherwise healthy people. About half of children who die from flu do not have "other health issues".

Old 02-17-2018, 06:53 PM

15,252 posts, read 12,964,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
I suggest you contact the author of the article. As stated, I posted it as a suggestion to the poster who was concerned about traveling as to the possibility of whether or not they may get ill from airborne germs on a plane. It’s a study they might like to read. I am am not defending it either way.

I have stated time and time again it is my and my doctors’ belief I contacted the flu via breathing airborne transmission because of my chronic autoimmune disease. No argument there either.
Just a followup to see if you're feeling better now...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement