Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2019, 01:38 PM

2,159 posts, read 1,664,245 times

Advertisements

So sorry to hear the bad news! I hope you heal quickly OvertheHillgang.

I started my holiday on the solstice. By Christmas day I thought Christmas day had already passed until I went to town and everything was closed

Walgreenes was open so I bought a tin of butter cookies and a bar of Cadbury chocolate.

We have had good weather. I have been able to be outdoors. The holidays were delightful!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2019, 03:03 PM

14,229 posts, read 30,034,466 times
Peaceful, calm, no drama. Pretty darn good actually.

Now it's over and food fest is done. I am suffering some back to dieting depression but that's normal for me.

Old 01-02-2019, 03:08 PM
C7C

101 posts, read 101,731 times
Flashback to around Veteran's Holiday in November 2018, so excited the holidays were approaching. Holiday music playing, decorations starting to appear. Magical time knowing all the meaningful and fun moments lay ahead to be savored.

Woke up on January 2nd: the holidays all went by too quickly. The plan now is to keep that holiday feeling year round.

Happy New Year City-Data!

Old 01-02-2019, 03:21 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,749,428 times
As I knew would be, came and went. Did NOT put a cookie to my lips. I'm on a program to take off the 26 lbs I put on that I lost in the rehabs...in the year home put it all back on with junk carbs. Good thing I got on he scale at doc's office last week, I almost didn't and sure glad I did, woke me UP, big time.

Old 01-02-2019, 03:45 PM

310 posts, read 202,809 times
Disconnected portico holiday lights this morning. When it's over, it's over! : But some neighbors keep the lights twinkling for another month. However, I'm keeping a "winter wreath" on my door until Valentines Day.

Old 01-02-2019, 03:46 PM

3,677 posts, read 2,560,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Over the hill gang View Post
My husband and I had planned on a nice quiet Christmas day but I lost my footing and down I went on the concrete outside while letting the dogs out. I've become such a klutz!
I broke my nose, my knee, messed up my ankle and got a concussion. I made quite a mess with all the blood which made it look worse than it was, I've definitely had better days but it could have been worse. Next year will be better and I'm learning to be more careful.
Ouch,
hope you have a quick recovery

Old 01-02-2019, 06:40 PM

4,537 posts, read 3,755,944 times
Living near the grandkids, the holidays start with Halloween and gain momentum right through New Years Eve. The holidays were good, lots of work and fun and over too soon. We get a chance every year to do it over again and again until we get it right though.

Old 01-02-2019, 07:50 PM

14,267 posts, read 6,954,430 times
Quote:
So, now that it is January 2nd and the holiday season is officially over, how was your holiday season?
I really hate that question. Christmas is not my holiday so the only benefit it has to me is I can go shopping and get things for fantastic sale prices. I say Merry Christmas to friends and usually buy something special for dinner (had king crab legs with a friend this year), but it's usually a day where I just wait for it to pass. Haven't been to a New Year's party in probably 25 years.

I realized a long time ago that all the hype and smiling faces on the tv commercials during the holiday season are just hype.

Old 01-02-2019, 10:43 PM

1,774 posts, read 1,191,341 times
I am getting over being ill, so our Christmas was rather quiet, but nice. We were able to attend the Christmas Eve church service for the children's service, which was nice as we had our little 4 year old grand daughter and family with us. Had some very good tamales for dinner, too. Christmas Day we spent at another daughter's and had a nice family dinner....They livened things up this year with a Christmas bingo game and also a funny game where we stood around the table wearing a Santa hat and oven mitts and tried to unwrap a Christmas present while someone else was rolling dice. When that person got a doubles with the dice, we had to stop unwrapping. It was very fast-paced! So all in all, a nice Christmas. New Year's --- well, we went to bed and slept through it!!! Happy New Year, everyone!

Old 01-03-2019, 12:38 AM

2,159 posts, read 1,664,245 times
I miss home made tamales for Christmas!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement