Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2019, 11:52 AM

4,176 posts, read 2,580,215 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
Thanks. I have to talk to my pain management doctor before seeking out an MJ doctor. I saw the list the other day, there are many by me.

I want to ask her 1st if I bought the over the counter stuff I linked to then depending on what she says; ask if I'm allowed to see an MJ doctor with my current pain management contract. I really don't want to mess it up as I've been with her 6 years and my last PM doctor 12 years. It's very hard to get into one; I won't do anything to mess that up.
I understand. I hope you will feel better whatever you decide to do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2019, 04:34 AM

3,546 posts, read 3,122,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisy Moore View Post
Hello,

Generally, CBD Oils can cure cancer, Illness, Fever & many more.

Take it from a person who actually has cancer: CBD oil does NOT cure cancer. CBD helps with pain relief for some cancer patients. That's a good thing, but that's all it does. Some cancer patients get no help from it at all and prefer using Advil.

Old 04-01-2019, 01:14 PM

7,785 posts, read 18,846,077 times
I use a CBD cream for a minor thumb strain and it works pretty well. Better than anything else I have used (heat/ice, ibuprofen, etc).
City-Data Terms of Service: //www.city-data.com/terms.html
City-Data FAQ: //www.city-data.com/forum/faq/

Old 04-01-2019, 01:21 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,739,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piney Creek View Post
Take it from a person who actually has cancer: CBD oil does NOT cure cancer. CBD helps with pain relief for some cancer patients. That's a good thing, but that's all it does. Some cancer patients get no help from it at all and prefer using Advil.
Agreed. It is not something to rely on to "cure". It will aid in relief.

Old 04-01-2019, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNW-type-gal View Post
I use a CBD cream for a minor thumb strain and it works pretty well. Better than anything else I have used (heat/ice, ibuprofen, etc).

We have friend who gets leg cramps and it helps with those.

Old 04-01-2019, 03:13 PM

7,785 posts, read 18,846,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
We have friend who gets leg cramps and it helps with those.
My "test" for most things medical is: is it possible for it to do harm or interact with the 2 meds I take? Can I start and finish a "trial" in a reasonable time with a (to me) measurable result? What is the cost vs the potential benefit?

The CBD cream showed a measurable change in about a day and a half. Playing with how much and how often resulted in pretty much the maximum effect, which didn't get the problem to entirely go away but made it much better. When I stopped using it (to test whether the problem had gotten as good as it was going to get), it quickly went back to the problem it was.

That is pretty anecdotal, it isn't scientific and it may well be all in my head. But the cream is available at my local grocery store and isn't expensive. I had tried physical therapy first which was a) expensive, as my insurance didn't cover it and b) had no discernible result.
City-Data Terms of Service: //www.city-data.com/terms.html
City-Data FAQ: //www.city-data.com/forum/faq/

Old 04-02-2019, 05:47 AM

4,423 posts, read 7,375,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisy Moore View Post
Hello,

The Best CBD Oils which I have used are Koi CBD, Hemp Lucid, CBDistillery, CBD Pure, etc...
CBD Pure bothered my stomach. $100/bottle so I gave it to my husband. He is having the same experience. I use an isolate and it helps with anxiety and sleeping. It's all I want it for. If I have an ache then I take an advil.

Old 04-02-2019, 12:36 PM

If you live in the Las Vegas area this is going to be here this month. There is a second one in May as well.

I am not affiliated with any business mentioned.

RSVP for free class: Cannabis and Sleep on April 16th taught by the doctors from HOPE.

Classes are held across the street from our dispensary at Wild Truffles Event Center.

https://apothecariumlv.us1.list-mana...c&e=83d447db0f

All attendees receive a 15% discount with their next purchase.

Doors Open: 5:30PM
Class Begins: 6:00PM

21+ only.
This is a non-consumption event.

Register here

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/hope-pr...ts-58441172119

Old 04-26-2019, 05:40 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,485,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quietude View Post
Given that this forum runs to older and thus more experienced users, I wonder how many recall that "CBD" in this thread could be replaced with whatever miracle folk/Asian/Native American/"suppressed" nostrum came along in the last 40 years... without changing one other word?

Not a one of which every really proved out, and a number of of which actually proved toxic/harmful?

Those of us in chronic pain don't need doctors and "government studies" to tell us. This stuff works. Our pain
and stiffness is relieved by CBD Oil. That's all that matters to us. The side effects, if any, aren't our first concern. I've had none.

Any naysayer who can't understand us has never been in serious, unquenchable pain. Leave us alone.

Last edited by Javacoffee; 04-26-2019 at 06:10 PM..

Old 04-26-2019, 06:40 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,698,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcandme View Post
I have been using CBD oil, the topical, for arthritis, since my DH bought me a jar for Christmas. Not cheap, sixty dollars, for a small jar. I was surprised how well it has worked. I would wake up at night, because of pain in my hips. Now I sleep through the night. Great stuff.
My inner doctor...and inner drug wizard...tells me that the possibility of topicals working well is slight. No doubt there is a big placebo effect with anything we spend money on....I take the stuff myself (tincture and capsules)......

I make this guess for the following reason - most all of the mechanisms of topical relief are known - that is, they know the receptors and the way skin, blood vessels and muscles respond to touch, heat, cold, various compounds (lidocaine, etc.)....

The odds seem low of a bit of hemp oil rubbed on being able to selectively target just that area - that is, it is not a local numbing agent, etc. like cocaine, lidocaine, etc.

Anything is possible - but my guess is that many of the touted uses won't pass the true science test.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement