Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2021, 12:43 AM

6,777 posts, read 5,497,243 times

Advertisements

Hi all,

I think I did this a few years ago, or at least answered in a thread like it.

Mine Actually gas two parts, some catch it, some don't.

I had already used "galaxy" as my aol (now defunct) screen name. We live in one, and "universe" just doesn't have the same ring to it. And, truth be told..it was taken from the emblem on the then computer speakers!

But, when I went to sign up here, "galaxy" was already taken, this site told me. UGH!
Apparently, it's a used name, but that poster apparently no longer uses it, got banned or who knows, though.

So I fiddled with things like "galaxy1", but still wasn't allowed.

Finally I put a "hi" (as in "hello {all, world}!) At the end of "galaxy", and "galaxyhi" was born!

It is worth noting, if I PM someone or sign my "name" in a post, I JUST use "galaxy"....no "hi" on the end.

So, people like "flyingsaucermom" (she's a mom who arrived in a flying saucer??), "fluffythewondercat"(has/d a cat name fluffy??)...what's YOUR screen name tale/history??

Obviously, some like "in_newengland" specify a locale, and probably lives..you guessed it...in new England (I did live there for or about 6 years myself!)

Please ALL answer...if you like.. I'm just using those two as examples of "Different" screen names!!

So, what is the good, bad or ugly behind yours? Or the "low-down"? Or the "nitty-gritty"?

Lol, I won't say what...but I met my new potential love interest by reading the screen name used on the dating app. It accurately describes what the intended should be, I answered the descriptor, and I answered the ad! (We will see if it goes anywhere! Or how far it goes!) We've already met (obviously), and though we both have a busy week next week, are trying to make time for each other during the week. I'm hoping..

So...let's "bare or names" (or do you bear yours??)

Could be fun!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2021, 12:57 AM

106,779 posts, read 108,997,702 times
Mine is bits and pieces of my first name ,middle initial and last name ..it has nothing to do with math

Old 01-24-2021, 01:19 AM

11,564 posts, read 6,041,805 times
It was Thanksgiving dinner a few years back. After cocktails, I said I wanted to get a car license plate along the lines of "I be leaving", in reference to how much I like road trips and wanted to takes some big ones after retirement.

While trying to figure out how to get "I be leaving" onto a 7 character license plate, I proposed the spellings "IBLEAVN" OR "IBLEVIN".

Everybody said IBLEVIN looked to much like a person's name. I Blevin. I said, yeah I wouldn't want people to think I was Igor Blevin or something, upon which my enebriated cousin suggested I would be pulled over by the FBI all the time for being a Russian secret agent. Thus, ex-KGB spy Igor Blevin was born.

I Blevin is really just my contraction for, "I be leavin' " for how much I love road trips.

The plate I originally requested from California DMV was H82STOP, for how I just want to keep going and going on road trips and don't want to turn around. I hate to stop and come home. Only that would probably not go well for me with law enforcement if I ever happened to accidentally run a red light.

In any event, California DMV rejected it as "racist or derogatory". I wonder if H8CANCR or H8RACSM would be racist or derogatory. That is what happens when we let computers rather than human beings make our decisions.

Old 01-24-2021, 03:00 AM

30,563 posts, read 16,251,943 times
mine is simple: I live in PA and like hippos. Most of my names have some form of hippo.

Old 01-24-2021, 03:40 AM

6,777 posts, read 5,497,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
Mine is bits and pieces of my first name ,middle initial and last name ..it has nothing to do with math
Ok, Mathew Henry Jackson!

Actually I thought it did have math, because you're such a wiz-bang at it , and something like Jockey to it..mathjak.

Lol.. not laughing at you, just laughing near you....

Thanks!!

-galaxy

Old 01-24-2021, 04:00 AM

696 posts, read 704,800 times
I’m Lori A who lives in CT. I have no imagination. I once had a cat named “Kitty.” It was short for “Kitty who is so Pretty.”

I’m moving to AZ in a couple of months. After that, my name will not make sense.

Old 01-24-2021, 04:00 AM

106,779 posts, read 108,997,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxyhi View Post
Ok, Mathew Henry Jackson!

Actually I thought it did have math, because you're such a wiz-bang at it , and something like Jockey to it..mathjak.

Lol.. not laughing at you, just laughing near you....

Thanks!!

-galaxy
I suck at math , and yep a lot of people do think it has to do with math ..actually it’s Matthew with two T’s.

It is funny because in school ,math was one of my worst subjects ..but when I was in apex tech the math got quite complex for doing hvac work and calculating heat loads and related stuff .

Because it was math I could relate to I aced math in technical school

Old 01-24-2021, 04:24 AM

5,456 posts, read 4,064,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
Now I am disappointed. I think of you as a math whiz.

Old 01-24-2021, 04:26 AM

5,456 posts, read 4,064,328 times
Mine is pretty obvious, although no longer relevant, as I don't snowbird any more.

Old 01-24-2021, 04:59 AM

2,107 posts, read 3,016,375 times
That durn cat was better than that da_m cat. Had 13 when I signed up. Got up to 15 then down to 11 by the time I moved here 5yrs ago. Went back up to 16 now down to 11 since I lost my 5 oldsters last year, plus my chihuahua.
Now it's me, 11 durn cats and one doggie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement