Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2021, 03:32 AM

6,612 posts, read 3,701,557 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYgal1542 View Post
Thank you for your response. I think I did respond to you in a less than positive way.

I tend to blow it off after I have had 3 or 4 fruitless phone calls. People who answer the phones to help with questions do not answer the question and do not have information to help.

I have to try harder. It's not a new thing for me, avoidance. But it doesn't help me.

Again, thank you again. Another poster sent me a note to read your post. I'm glad he/she did!!
Yes, there should be a State authority who will counsel you. Calling the official Medicare number will be of help to guide you, not any “advertised Plan” number. I have Original Medicare and Medi-CAL in CA is the secondary - (would be Medicaid in other states) for those with less income. Also, a Part D prescription coverage. If one qualifies, the premiums can be paid by the state.

I find that Medicare pays directly for most anything, visiting anyone you like that accepts Medicare in full, and having no co-pays. Some may not accept the secondary insurance, but I have not had such problems with, plus that really helps for surgeries, hospitalization, etc. (There may even be help for rides, but I have not looked into).

It can seem complicated, with everyone’s varying situations, income and coverage, but having an advantage plan has appeared to be a more negative situation. Find the state authority who can properly counsel, if not having done so. Good luck to those seeking something appropriate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2021, 09:14 AM

3,131 posts, read 3,415,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by In2itive_1 View Post
Yes, there should be a State authority who will counsel you. Calling the official Medicare number will be of help to guide you, not any “advertised Plan” number. I have Original Medicare and Medi-CAL in CA is the secondary - (would be Medicaid in other states) for those with less income. Also, a Part D prescription coverage. If one qualifies, the premiums can be paid by the state.

I find that Medicare pays directly for most anything, visiting anyone you like that accepts Medicare in full, and having no co-pays. Some may not accept the secondary insurance, but I have not had such problems with, plus that really helps for surgeries, hospitalization, etc. (There may even be help for rides, but I have not looked into).

It can seem complicated, with everyone’s varying situations, income and coverage, but having an advantage plan has appeared to be a more negative situation. Find the state authority who can properly counsel, if not having done so. Good luck to those seeking something appropriate.
Makes me wonder if the state program is for those on Medicaid that need to switch to Medicare when the time comes. In some states this is part of their bureau of insurance.

Old 12-02-2021, 12:38 PM

1,518 posts, read 833,477 times
This should have been titled "Medicare TV ads ".

Old 12-02-2021, 05:19 PM

7,549 posts, read 13,756,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce88 View Post
This should have been titled "Medicare TV ads ".
Well, the OP did start out with "I keep seeing the ads about adding to your SS check each month if you are in the right zip code." in post #1

The thread later changed to more general comments on ads about Medicare Advantage plans.

Old 12-02-2021, 10:10 PM

6,612 posts, read 3,701,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWoodle View Post
Makes me wonder if the state program is for those on Medicaid that need to switch to Medicare when the time comes. In some states this is part of their bureau of insurance.
Well, the main coverage is Medicare - the secondary is Medi-Cal / Medicaid, for some. This is called being a "Dual-Eligible" or "Medi / Medi".

Old 12-04-2021, 12:12 PM

8,594 posts, read 7,011,787 times
The ads are all over the place. I still think I’ve aged better than Joe Namath or Jimmie Walker.

Old 12-06-2021, 02:52 PM

6,793 posts, read 5,541,558 times
Well, tomorrow is Dec 7, end of that "open enrollment period".

Many of those should completely go away.

A few may linger if they've got a contract to run, so 2500 ads, and only 2490 ads have been run.

It's like thank God.

Now we can be bombarded with Christmas ads!

Best
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement