Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2022, 04:22 PM

7,774 posts, read 6,381,525 times

Advertisements

If things are really tough, you have to buy store brand instead of having Alpo for supper.

Old 05-24-2022, 04:50 PM

21,884 posts, read 12,953,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WellShoneMoon View Post
Both nut butters have similar nutritional value. Almond butter is slightly healthier than peanut butter because it has more vitamins, minerals, and fiber.

Both nut butters are roughly equal in calories and sugar, but peanut butter has a little more protein than almond butter. Source: healthline.com.

So basically it’s a tie, although peanut butter is a lot less expensive than almond butter, in my experience.
Right? Peanut butter and cow's milk is just fine with me; I don't follow trends.

Old 05-24-2022, 05:24 PM

11,175 posts, read 16,013,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
Right? Peanut butter and cow's milk is just fine with me; I don't follow trends.
How is it you manage to put a little dig into all your comments about what other people eat or do? So if you don't partake of something it is either elitist or a trend, right?

If someone eats almond butter rather than peanut butter as you do, it's only because it's trendy.

If someone drinks nondairy milk rather than cow's milk as you do, it's only because it's trendy.

If someone orders pizza from a local Italian restaurant rather than Dominos or Papa Johns as you do, it's elitist because chain pizza is good enough for you.

Reverse snobbism at its finest.

Old 05-24-2022, 05:31 PM

And, you forgot to add, I don't shop at Trader Joe's! I have simple tastes, thank goodness, to match my humble budget.

Old 05-24-2022, 05:52 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,827,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManofBethesda View Post
How is it you manage to put a little dig into all your comments about what other people eat or do? So if you don't partake of something it is either elitist or a trend, right?

If someone eats almond butter rather than peanut butter as you do, it's only because it's trendy.

If someone drinks nondairy milk rather than cow's milk as you do, it's only because it's trendy.

If someone orders pizza from a local Italian restaurant rather than Dominos or Papa Johns as you do, it's elitist because chain pizza is good enough for you.

She considered avocados to be trendy.

I drink the almond milk because is lower in calories and fat. Not on everything, sometimes I want milk.

You are a good sport, like my husband. I subject him to all kinds of healthy eating.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 05-24-2022, 06:17 PM

8,340 posts, read 6,783,142 times
Personally, I have often regretted buying ice cream as it loves to cause me intestinal agony. Finally gave in and tried oatmilk chocolate ice cream. As a twist, it was on sale and being sadistic, it was a pint and I ate it all

Not a single issue digesting. Hallelujah!!! Now where's those boxes of Fruit Loops, Cookie Crisp, Cap'n Crunch I've seen lately?!?!

Old 05-24-2022, 06:46 PM

24,514 posts, read 10,836,221 times
Quote:

Did you not post that you went from almond milk to oat something?

Old 05-24-2022, 07:18 PM

11,175 posts, read 16,013,104 times
Quote:
And, you forgot to add, I don't shop at Trader Joe's! I have simple tastes, thank goodness, to match my humble budget.
And there's absolutely nothing wrong with that. My issue with your posts is not that you have simple tastes, it's that you have to insult others who don't agree with your tastes and prefer something different. So a discussion of people who like to make their own pizza or frequent local Italian restaurants elicits a response from you that such activity is elitist. Or your response to a discussion about almond butter is that it is somehow trendy and not for you. How about trying to just post about where you like to shop and what you like to eat without denigrating other's choices. As I said, your posts are classic reverse snobbism.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threestep2 View Post
Did you not post that you went from almond milk to oat something?
Yes, I did. Because my wife and I like the taste and texture of creamy oat milk better.

And your point is....?

Old 05-24-2022, 07:50 PM

42,843 posts, read 26,253,950 times
Quote:
You might be surprised if you decide to shop at Trader Joe's, they have some decent bargains there. Their Marinara Sauce was $1.99 when I last bought it maybe 2 months ago and it's very good. I also like the Masala simmer sauce ($2.69) cook it with a pound of cut up chicken and put it over basmati rice for a real nice meal. I buy my cooking wine there, I wouldn't serve it to company but it's plenty good for cooking and very reasonably priced.

Old 05-24-2022, 08:04 PM

Quote:
How about trying to just post about where you like to shop and what you like to eat without denigrating other's choices.
How about trying to post about economizing on food and energy since that's what the thread is about?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement